Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Since we're all snowed or iced in (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/since-were-all-snowed-iced-t96862.html)

loishe 02-05-2011 04:00 AM

I have been sewing binding on charity quilts. Also wonking on a tumbler quilt. I think I going to love it!

hobbykat1955 02-05-2011 04:04 AM

Snowed in, in NY....Working on BOM's for this site "House" and "Star". Then looking fwd to the new one on the 8th "Balt quilt blocks".
Also just finished a "Mystery Quilt" that I will give as a class at my LQS. Today maybe catch up on my reading of the series "Elm Creek quilters" love those books

lisalovesquilting 02-05-2011 04:05 AM

Quilting the D9P for my FIL, working on applique quilt called Bloomin' Garden, piecing 5 in. squares for a Twister. Not a lot of snow in SE Ohio right now. But I heard some is on the way.

Shirely 02-05-2011 04:49 AM

Hi I'm working on Hearts and Spools ,making Valentin's gifts for Grandchildren and finishing placemats for my daughter-in-law. Just finished 2 american doll capes. Shirley

Shirely 02-05-2011 04:52 AM

I just cleaned up my sewing room,but still have things on the floor and in boxes. I've got to find containers for all of this. I'm determined to get a lot of my projects finished. hold that thought. Wish me luck

NDQuilts 02-05-2011 05:02 AM

I am doing a UFO cleanout. So in my quilting frame is my SIL wedding quilt and by my tv chair is my honeymoon quilt. Just to give a time reference my wedding was 2001 and hers was 2006. Both quilts were sidelined in favor of commission jobs and I'm starting to feel guilty for putting family last.

lots2do 02-05-2011 05:08 AM

I worked on a tote bag for a colleague that retired in the spring yesterday. It's almost done - yippee. It was the first time I used the pattern so it was a bit of a challenge and I modified the way I did it. If I do it again, I'll make a few more modifications.

I have a snowman wallhanging that's on the back burner right now. I also have Marine fabric to make my Uncle a quilt out of. Oh, and D9P blocks to make for our grandson.

Lots going on, just the way I like it!

leatheflea 02-05-2011 05:48 AM

I rearranged my sewing room this week. Started a new top, another scrap quilt while Im waiting for the ice to melt. This is the last of the 2 1/2" scraps. Got the top together in one day, gotta love scrappy they go together fast if you stay with a simple plan. Cant go wrong with 9 patch. Of course I'll post it when done. Hopefully by tomarrow. Simple quilting also, straight lines. I need to go to the fabric shop to get a couple colors of blue that I need for a lonestar that I'll be starting. Oh I started to make machine covers and the stitches didnt suit me so I threw it in the trash. Thinking about buying the prequilted or just using fusible fleece and not quilting them at all.

ssgramma 02-05-2011 05:56 AM

Not snowed in here either but I have sandwiched the strip quilt for the love seat, made 8 different blocks for pillows and cut backing and batting for them and made a wallhanging with a patched heart, house and 2 cats with small pinwheels and broken dish blocks made from triangles cut off while making pillow blocks.

Whew - that was a long-winded sentence!

kateyb 02-05-2011 06:16 AM

No snow here just cold. Snow coming tomorrow. I have 4 WIP's I'm working on.