Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Singer Industrial 33-15 Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/singer-industrial-33-15-machine-t154007.html)

shelrox 09-18-2011 05:38 PM

Was wondering if anyone has any information on this machine? I am soon to be a proud owner, at least if all goes well, and was wondering where to find some information on it. I am an avid quilted and woudl love to make some quilted horse blankets and this is why I need an industrial machine. I know I am nuts! LOL

quiltingbee12 09-18-2011 05:42 PM

Are you sure it is a 33-15? I have a 30-20 which is similar to the 30-15 and they are wonderful :) Is this a modern machine or an older?

shelrox 09-18-2011 05:46 PM

I am not sure for I am traveling out of state and a dear friend found her for me. She ahs not updated me yet about the model. I am wondering myself if it is a 30 -15 or a 30 -20. I believe it to be an older model and I dont really care for as long as she works that is all that matters. I cant wait to fin dout more and once I do I can update.

Feathers-N-Fur 09-18-2011 06:09 PM

I have a 31-15 and she is fantastic.

Deborah12687 09-18-2011 06:18 PM

I have singer industrial sewing machine. They are very plain not much for decals. These were used in sewing factories many years ago. They are a work horse of a machine. Mine is not sewing right as I don't have a manual for it to figure it out. I feel like selling it now that I have a new machine.

shelrox 09-18-2011 07:09 PM

Ok found out it is a 31-15 and it is supposed to have been from the 50's. Will know more tomorrow was sent the pdf for the manual if anyone needs it

Born2Sew 09-18-2011 07:16 PM

Yes! I'd love a pdf of the manual for the 33-15. As soon as I ever get the room for it, I'm bringing one over from my Dad's house. I'd get it now, but there just isn't a place yet for it. Guess I could talk hubby into getting rid of the victrola...

Feathers-N-Fur 09-19-2011 02:07 AM

They take regular oiling, and I still need the diagram from my manual to thread it, but it is a great machine for actually quilting your machine. It has a 10.5" harp space, so lots more room to move your quilt through. It is a high shank machine. I got an adapter for mine so I can use my 1/4" snap on quilting foot, or stitch in the ditch foot. It will also sew through anything. I made my denim purse that I carry. This machine sewed through 8 layers of denim like it was nothing. My regular machine couldn't do it.

shelrox 09-19-2011 07:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
Yes! I'd love a pdf of the manual for the 33-15. As soon as I ever get the room for it, I'm bringing one over from my Dad's house. I'd get it now, but there just isn't a place yet for it. Guess I could talk hubby into getting rid of the victrola...

Ok here you are, sorry it took me so long. Away visiting family and been super busy.

shelrox 09-19-2011 07:48 PM

Ok where di you find the adapter? Woudl love that. I ahve no troubles with my Elna 7300 going through layer upon layer of canvas and all but I am sure she would love to work on her class of cottons instead.

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur
They take regular oiling, and I still need the diagram from my manual to thread it, but it is a great machine for actually quilting your machine. It has a 10.5" harp space, so lots more room to move your quilt through. It is a high shank machine. I got an adapter for mine so I can use my 1/4" snap on quilting foot, or stitch in the ditch foot. It will also sew through anything. I made my denim purse that I carry. This machine sewed through 8 layers of denim like it was nothing. My regular machine couldn't do it.