Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Singer Machine on HSN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/singer-machine-hsn-t227124.html)

BellaBoo 08-04-2013 07:47 AM

I have the first Singer Quantum model. It's a great machine. I haven't had one problem with it in all these years. It makes a straighter stitch then my Bernina.

craftiladi 08-04-2013 08:26 AM

I glanced through all the replies. Just posting my own personal experience purchasing a machine through a home shopping show...don't get me wrong I am fan of tv shopping shows but once you buy something like a sewing machine you don't have dealer support to turn to if you have a question. Now my take on new plastic machines-I would rather buy a older machine w/ metal gears..JMHO

nygal 08-04-2013 08:31 AM

I watched it presented on HSN that day and if I needed a new machine I sure would have ordered it!!! My first machine was a Singer and I had it for over 20 yrs and it never gave me problems. During a move it got damaged so I had to replace it and I got a Brother which I also love. The machine they had as the Today Special on HSN had SO many extras and it does a lot more and has better features than my every day machine that I have now and still love. Yes, if I had needed a new machine that I would have ordered it!!

nygal 08-04-2013 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by quiltymom (Post 6214552)
2 brothers and a simplicity I love them ALL.

Is it the Brother Simplicy embroidery machine the one you have? I do and I love it. It's never given me any problems. In fact, all three of my machines are Brothers except for the vintage 1928 Singer I "came across" last year. My first machine was a Singer and I loved it.

quiltymom 08-04-2013 09:01 AM

I have a singer Emb I also bought from HSN and no problems plus yes there is a singer 800 no. to call for questions to which I have called and got great service!!! Also I have Darlenes facebook page and her no. she Does respond. So buying from HSN since they frist aired only returned 1 thing. Glade I ordered the Todays special should be here by end of week!!!!:thumbup:

CAS49OR 08-04-2013 12:36 PM

Thanks for all your input. It seems like a very light machine. She did carry it in to the show in a tote. I was impressed with all the extra feet too, but I think I'll keep adding to my Janome feet collection which also fit my Brother -- and keep debating whether I should buy a Janome MC 10000. I know it costs too much, so I keep talking myself out of it.

QultingaddictUK 08-05-2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie (Post 6211328)
Personally, I wouldn't buy a new Singer, an old Singer yes, but this is my personal opinion. I would go to a dealer and see what they have in new machines and also for trade ins that are usually higher end machines, that the person has traded up and get it for a much better price than if the machine was new.

I totally agree with you, also it is obviously a dressmaking sewing machine NOT for quilting!