Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer Machine on HSN

Singer Machine on HSN

I wrote them to ask what the harp space is. I'm wondering if anyone has a similar machine. This one will be on the market next year, and comes with many extras.

http://www.hsn.com/products/singer-1...achine/7199536
    :-)
    CAS

Personally, I wouldn't buy a new Singer, an old Singer yes, but this is my personal opinion. I would go to a dealer and see what they have in new machines and also for trade ins that are usually higher end machines, that the person has traded up and get it for a much better price than if the machine was new.

Blog Entries
    Singers used to be a great machine. I still have mine I got in 1980.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't buy a new Singer, an old Singer yes, but this is my personal opinion. I would go to a dealer and see what they have in new machines and also for trade ins that are usually higher end machines, that the person has traded up and get it for a much better price than if the machine was new.
    I agree totally.
    Sweet Caroline

Harp looks very small to me. I have a Singer bought in 1962 and a clone. All metal parts and bobbins.
    Check out All Brands and see what they have. I bought a Brother 1500, great machine, great price. Great for piecing and quilting. 9" harp.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I think I would shop around a bit.

Blog Entries
    I also saw it. The harp looked small - the entire machine looked small - but lots of extras. Not sure how easy it would be to return it after using it a week or two. May be worth it.
    Quilting in the Desert

I checked it out after seeing this post.. the amount of extra feet it comes with is impressive.

It all really depends on what features you want and how much you're able to spend. A lot of folks are against Singers, but I got the Singer Quantum in december, and totally love it! I also have a 45 yr old Kenmore that I will never part with, it is a true workhorse, even survived a flood! But I don't think they make any machines like those anymore, but not very many features on it either. Also, check Amazon, I got my Quantum (regular 329, for 249 w free shipping)
    Last edited by Latrinka; 08-04-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: add something
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    I bought it!!! Plus I have my first singer I bought in 1973 plus 2 other singers, also 2 brothers and a simplicity I love them ALL. Just depends on what you want or need.
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Blog Entries
    I have the first Singer Quantum model. It's a great machine. I haven't had one problem with it in all these years. It makes a straighter stitch then my Bernina.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I glanced through all the replies. Just posting my own personal experience purchasing a machine through a home shopping show...don't get me wrong I am fan of tv shopping shows but once you buy something like a sewing machine you don't have dealer support to turn to if you have a question. Now my take on new plastic machines-I would rather buy a older machine w/ metal gears..JMHO
    Dee Lowe
    Las Vegas Nv.

I watched it presented on HSN that day and if I needed a new machine I sure would have ordered it!!! My first machine was a Singer and I had it for over 20 yrs and it never gave me problems. During a move it got damaged so I had to replace it and I got a Brother which I also love. The machine they had as the Today Special on HSN had SO many extras and it does a lot more and has better features than my every day machine that I have now and still love. Yes, if I had needed a new machine that I would have ordered it!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
    2 brothers and a simplicity I love them ALL.
    Is it the Brother Simplicy embroidery machine the one you have? I do and I love it. It's never given me any problems. In fact, all three of my machines are Brothers except for the vintage 1928 Singer I "came across" last year. My first machine was a Singer and I loved it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    I have a singer Emb I also bought from HSN and no problems plus yes there is a singer 800 no. to call for questions to which I have called and got great service!!! Also I have Darlenes facebook page and her no. she Does respond. So buying from HSN since they frist aired only returned 1 thing. Glade I ordered the Todays special should be here by end of week!!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Thanks for all your input. It seems like a very light machine. She did carry it in to the show in a tote. I was impressed with all the extra feet too, but I think I'll keep adding to my Janome feet collection which also fit my Brother -- and keep debating whether I should buy a Janome MC 10000. I know it costs too much, so I keep talking myself out of it.
    :-)
    CAS

Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
    I totally agree with you, also it is obviously a dressmaking sewing machine NOT for quilting!