Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Singer Quantum L-500 - does anyone have this machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/singer-quantum-l-500-does-anyone-have-machine-t43577.html)

sharon b 04-23-2010 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Good thing I already downloaded the manual and started reading, akrogirl.

I read that the sound can be deactivated on this machine. Hm, might not be a good idea or I'll get whiplash when the bobbin stops. lol

Got notified today that it is in the good hands of UPS. I will probably be on that tracking number like the kids who watch the Santa GPS at Christms.

WOO HOO now the count down begins... Is it there yet ???
:shock: :shock: LOL

Candace 04-23-2010 07:52 PM

How about now?

MadQuilter 04-23-2010 08:51 PM

waaaaaaaahhhaaaaa 7-10 days.

Marnie 04-24-2010 06:36 AM

MadQuilter: would you mind sharing what things you're " not crazy about" on the Janome 6600 ?

greencat 04-24-2010 06:48 AM

Thanks drivingsusan - I know I need to put some more time into learning all about this machine. I have been able to kind of walk it along 2-3 stitches at a time (seems like forever to go the last few inches!!). Otherwise I'm really pleased with this machine!

patricej 04-24-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Marnie
MadQuilter: would you mind sharing what things you're " not crazy about" on the Janome 6600 ?

the stupid thing refuses to do windows! or bring me breakfast in bed. or warn me when i've chosen fabrics that won't look good together once assembled. :-(

other than that ... i love mine. :-)

MadQuilter 04-24-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Marnie

It has a drop-in bobbin and the walking foot requires a shank modification (not sure if that is the correct terminology). It also doesn't have a free arm. There were a few other minor things that I can't remember exactly.

When I started looking at the different machines, the 6600 didn't get me that excited. The Babylock got me more excited. The Singer got me downrigh giddy because it marries the awesome features I like from both Babylock AND Janome.

Please don't get me wrong: I think the Janome is a fabulous machine (bummer about it not doing windows Patrice - lol)

IF it turns out that the Singer is NOT what I expect, I will have a chance to review the individual features and decide on Janome OR Babylock. Of course, the price had a big impact ($899 + tax)

We'll see.

MadQuilter 04-28-2010 12:56 PM

Well - she's heeeeeeere! UPS man dropped her off. DH was working on the house when he drove up and of course Pat was wearing his ripped shirt. UPS guy looked at Pat - looked at the machine - and then he asked me if I was planning to make this guy some new shirts? I might quilt him a vest - lol.

Candace 04-28-2010 01:18 PM

Whoopee! Get going and start loving your new baby!

sharon b 04-28-2010 08:10 PM

WOO HOO... so what have you made ? Besides a repair on Pats shirt :lol: