Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Single crust Rubarb Pie (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/single-crust-rubarb-pie-t139482.html)

bbeyes 07-22-2011 10:35 AM

Someone had posted a recipe for this and I can't find it.
Does any one have a copy? Sure would appreciate it
Betty

MinnieKat 07-22-2011 11:22 AM

It was DanaNVa ... here's her recipe (or her mom's recipe):

My Mom's Rhubarb Pie recipe is as follows:
Put 3 cups of chopped rhubarb into unbaked pie shell. Beat together 1 cup sugar, 2 Tablespoons flour and 2 eggs. Pour beaten mixture over rhubarb. Bake 400 degrees for about 30 minuts.

I made it and it's delicious!!!

bbeyes 07-22-2011 11:29 AM

Thank you so much. Trying to get away from 2 crust pies because of the flour content. Its cool today so would like to do some baking. Thanks again.
Betty

NancyG 07-22-2011 12:00 PM

Ohhh..sounds good. Will have to try this recipe. Thanks!

JeannieT 07-22-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by MinnieKat

Put 3 cups of chopped rhubarb into unbaked pie shell. Beat together 1 cup sugar, 2 Tablespoons flour and 2 eggs. Pour beaten mixture over rhubarb. Bake 400 degrees for about 30 minuts.

Thanks for posting this recipe - my mom died when I was 16 and one of the things I remember about her was that she made a rhubarb pie....but I have never made one and seeing this thread reminded me of it.

xsquilter 07-22-2011 12:46 PM

Thanks for the recipe. Rhubarb is my favourite! I have to try it this way.
Maureen

MinnieKat 07-22-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by JeannieT

Originally Posted by MinnieKat

Thanks for posting this recipe - my mom died when I was 16 and one of the things I remember about her was that she made a rhubarb pie....but I have never made one and seeing this thread reminded me of it.

Jeannie -- this pie is sooooo simple ... you know the saying "simple as pie"? You should give it a try. I just use the frozen pillsbury pie crusts so that makes it even simpler.

calicoquilter 07-22-2011 04:31 PM

Do you use fresh or frozen rhubarb?

Tumdarra 07-22-2011 04:38 PM

hmmm rhubarb custard pie...my gram used to make it when I was young living in Canada..not too much call for rhubarb here in Calilfornia..will have to try and find some, it sounds good

MinnieKat 07-23-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by calicoquilter
Do you use fresh or frozen rhubarb?

I always use fresh rhubarb ... I know you can freeze it easily but I don't have much luck with frozen.