Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sisters Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sisters-quilt-show-t39914.html)

catlover 03-20-2010 07:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My sister and I go to the Sisters' Quilt Show in Sisters, Oregon every year. There are wonderful quilts on display all over the picturesque town. It's a wonderful experience. The weather can be pretty hot, though. So wear sun screen and a hat.
We have never witnessed any bad behavior from anyone attending the show. The classes that are offered all week long before the show are terrific. There are hundreds of quilters in attendance. Quilters' mecca, for sure.

Cute dragon quilt at the show
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20159[/ATTACH]

Outside on the Saturday of the show
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20160[/ATTACH]

Chasing Hawk 03-20-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by catlover
We have never witnessed any bad behavior from anyone attending the show.

It's NOT the Quilters....LOL

It's the non quilters I am talking about.....lol
The ones who were dragged kicking and screaming to the Quilt Mecca of Central Oregon.

:shock: :shock:

ORSunshineQuilter 03-20-2010 07:28 PM

I think he was pulling your leg. I have been to the Sisters show several times and have never noticed any drinking.

Chasing Hawk 03-20-2010 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by ORSunshineQuilter
I think he was pulling your leg. I have been to the Sisters show several times and have never noticed any drinking.

He said the "husbands" of the quilters. :)

Wine Woman 03-20-2010 07:52 PM

We only make red - would that be OK? Where is your little town in OR?

zz-pd 03-20-2010 08:34 PM

I so want to go, will have to see if finances improve any. Penny

Quiltntime 03-20-2010 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I seen that the quilt show in Sisters, Oregon is in July.
Which leads me to this tidbit I heard while we were at my husband's doctor appointment last week.

I was reading a quilting book and he told us that he heard there was more drinking and booze sold during the quilt show, than at the rodeo the month before.

Wonder who was doing all the drinkin'?

Thanks for the quilt show reminder. I definitely plan on going this year. With that crowd, I won't be able to see if it's a booze fest, but I'll let you know. ;-)

amma 03-20-2010 10:13 PM

I know there have been a few parties at a couple of area campgrounds during the show...but they couldn't have been partying too heavily...most were in bed by 9pm plumb tuckered out from all of the walking all day LMBO I have friends that go every year :wink:

jraff 03-21-2010 10:00 AM

Maybe it isn't that the quilters are excessive imbibers. Maybe the rodeo people are teetotallers. Early to bed, early to rise....

jaraffin

yourstrulyquilts 03-21-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I seen that the quilt show in Sisters, Oregon is in July.
Which leads me to this tidbit I heard while we were at my husband's doctor appointment last week.

I was reading a quilting book and he told us that he heard there was more drinking and booze sold during the quilt show, than at the rodeo the month before.

Wonder who was doing all the drinkin'?

Me thinks "he" has a bone to pick with quilters, and is bashing them some? hmmmmm........................