Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Six-Hour Quilts..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/six-hour-quilts-t104327.html)

debbieumphress 03-03-2011 05:59 PM

I posted them already. At least the two I still have. Maybe on page 2???

dkabasketlady 03-03-2011 06:07 PM

Debbie, I've made a couple of these quilts for my neighbor's granddaughter, but I sure didn't get it done in 6 hrs. I have all the frog fabric, lol!!

nwm50 03-03-2011 06:24 PM

Debbie....that frog quilt is adorable! Would love to get my hands on that pattern....or not? LOL, it still funny how you started this post on this discussion of it supposedly to be an 6 hr quilt ! Thanks for showing us your lovely quilts.

luvTooQuilt 03-03-2011 06:38 PM

Uhm .. :roll: a baby quilt takes me all weekend!! :oops:

Cyn 03-03-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by MarieM
I think Quilt in a day is a Biblical day. Maybe the 6 hour quilt is in dog years (hours) or something.

Marie M.

lol I agree with you :)

Scakes 03-03-2011 07:18 PM

I'm not familiar with the pattern but doubt very seriously if I could finish a quilt that quicky.

Pieceful Quilter 03-03-2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by MarieM
I think Quilt in a day is a Biblical day. Maybe the 6 hour quilt is in dog years (hours) or something.

Marie M.

Too funny, you made me laugh out loud. My family thinks I am nuts...

coachmatthewsvhs 03-03-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by deedum

Originally Posted by coachmatthewsvhs
This one took me about 6 hours...... minus the quilter and binding!

Twisted turning twenty? How did you do that? I have the turning twenty pattern. I have done that really quickly! I really like your quilt!

You are supposed to make 10 light and 10 dark blocks. Place a dark and light block right sides together. Draw a line from corner to corner. Stitch 1/4 inch seam either side of diagonal line... then cut on the drawn diagonal line between the two stitched rows. Press open. You now have two blocks.... each half dark/light. They are supposed to be arranged so that you have diagonal areas of light and dark. But I mixed mine up randomly. I thought it was more interesting. Hope that makes sense to you!

Bev 03-03-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
By Kaye woods is supposed to take 6 hours. I have not been able to match that time yet. LOL. Maybe reading the pattern takes that long. I have done several now and they are great for Charity quilts. I even find my self putting 4-5 fabrics together for one when I think "that would be a good 6-hour quilt. Is it me or has anyone managed to finish it in 6 hours?????

I have her paper back book called "Six Hour Quilts" but I tried and found it impossible for me to make her quilt or anyone else's in just six hours. It usually takes me six hours just to make up my mind and get settled enough to make anything.

8-)

franair 03-03-2011 08:04 PM

I have made many of the 6 hour quilts.. they do go fast and when your done it is all quilted and ready to go..