Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Slow, sloow, sloooooooow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/slow-sloow-sloooooooow-t7903.html)

moonhoney2 06-07-2008 01:02 PM

Are you a slow quilter/sewer? Or a fast one?

I was up super duper late last nite working on the quilt, yet it seems like I didn't hardly get anything done! It's very discouraging. :(

This quilt is never going to get done. *sigh*

GMarie 06-07-2008 01:07 PM

I tend to agonize over little details... rrrriiiiiiippppp and do it over (hopefully *right* the next time)!! So, I'd say I'm a slow quilter. Although, I've been getting them done faster these days... practice helps!

beachlady 06-07-2008 01:53 PM

I think I am a slow cutter, slow sewer, and even slower quilter!!!!

Knot Sew 06-07-2008 02:27 PM

Whats your hurry :?: makes the fun last longer :!: ........you are enjoying yourself aren't you. :?: :shock: :D

sondray 06-07-2008 02:40 PM

I usually take my time. I sew and quilt in steps:
1st Day: Cut out all pattern pieces
2nd Day: Cut all fabric
3rd Day: Sew it all together

It seems easier for me to take these steps. I get a lot more done. I think anyway! :lol: :lol:

DA Mayer 06-07-2008 02:43 PM

Don't worry how long it takes you, I know that cutting, preparation and the first few pieces going together takes forever until you have some bigger pieces. I know hand quilting seemed to take me forever, and I did quilt square by square so I was able to take the quilting with me. Both my mother, mother-in-law and then my husband all needed to be in the hospital for long periods and went to the clinic for frequent treatments so I quilted all the times when visiting or waiting. I know both mothers had surgery that lasted 8-12 hours so the quilting was a great time killer.

mgshaw 06-07-2008 04:43 PM

I start out slow with the planning and cutting, when it comes time to sew, I kick in to high gear until I get to the borders and then the QADD kicks in and everything slows to a crawl!!!(if not a complete stop)

jbsstrawberry 06-07-2008 04:49 PM

Usually, extremely slooooooow!! But I did find out, when under pressure and a time limit, I can kick butt on speed LOL

ScubaK 06-07-2008 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
I start out slow with the planning and cutting, when it comes time to sew, I kick in to high gear until I get to the borders and then the QADD kicks in and everything slows to a crawl!!!(if not a complete stop)

I tell ya, that is me!!!!!
I hate to cut, I like to plan and buy fabric...but I hate to cut, just seems too tedious.
Then I sew like a mad woman, get the borders on and then come to a quick halt!!! QADD!!!!
My WIP are piling up! Arrgh!!!
I don't get much time to sew (would have more if I would stay off of here) but need to get more organized and have been trying to do that thanks to the inspiration of all the talented people here.
Kirsten

Lucky Patsy's 06-07-2008 10:23 PM

I am slow, slow, slooooooow, but I just tell myself that is keeping this hobby more affordable!