Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   small gestures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/small-gestures-t165412.html)

bearisgray 11-08-2011 10:52 AM

This is a very nice thread. :o

Thank you for starting it - and thank you all for the rest of the posts.

callie 11-08-2011 11:02 AM

My dear mom sewed and I can remember having to "roll" the remaining remnants of anything she sewed. I hated to have to do that, but then came the day when I had a daughter and oh my gosh, how many little dresses were made out of those scraps. I would love to be able to show my mother some of the quilts I have pieced and now being able to have the opportunity to do some long arm quilting, thanks to a friend. I can see her smiling from heaven. She was always encouraging and loved to share - I think I get that from her for sure.
"

anniesews 11-08-2011 11:34 AM

It may not seem like a big thing but I have a friend who goes to garage sales and buys material for me to make charity baby quilts with. She never wants any money for her finds. At the price of material these days, that is a wonderful thing for her to do.

Riversong 11-08-2011 12:30 PM

People here on this board sent me fabric because I had no stash and Walmart did away with our fabric. I was overwhelmed by the generosity.I received so many compliments on my projects. I got packages from total strangers and it really got my creatice juices going. It has been a couple of years ago and I still have warm fuzzies!

Doreen 11-08-2011 12:34 PM

My now husband bought me a sewing table. I couldn't believe he did it because we didn't know each other that well at the time!

Cagey 11-08-2011 01:41 PM

My moment was when my aunt from Texas saw my quilts and said I should have the blocks my great grandmother made. She thought I would be able to make a beautiful quilt out of them.

Sheila_H 11-08-2011 01:58 PM

I have to say my husband for one - he said if that's something I want to learn to do he'd support me in it, and my mom gave me my grandmother's sewing basket. My nana passed away last year and using her box everyday reminds me of her.

auniqueview 11-08-2011 02:27 PM

I currently have a room full of machines and cabinets, a quilt waiting for repair flung over my chair that holds my massager (which my dh bought because I have back problems) fabric overflowing everywhere...piles of vintage doilies and runners laying atop my cutting mat, a little bit of everything everywhere at the moment. Three sewing machines are out and in use, one sitting in the middle of traffic, blocking traffic, and my dh not complaining because I am sitting on the computer instead of getting up and "doing something" with it,lol. (He knows my back is really bothering me right now, because I pulled a dumb stunt and took a bad fall). Having him support me by letting me do whatever I want is the greatest gift I could ever get. It is the opposite of the way I was treated growing up.

mighty 11-08-2011 02:34 PM

My husbands support and and understanding of my quilting .