Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Snow Bound and No Mail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/snow-bound-no-mail-t82129.html)

Donna P 12-12-2010 10:41 PM

Well, I hope your fabric comes thru soon for you....We have had snow and high winds all day and have over a foot of snow so far and it's still snowing the schools are closed and it's only 18*. the high winds are making it very difficult to go anywhere. I hate being cooped in.

Donna

Momsmurf 12-13-2010 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltntime
Here in Oregon, we're getting what's called a, "Pineapple Express". Storm's coming in from the Hawaiian Islands. It's 60° today. Warmer than Florida. :thumbup:

Just heard from classmates back home (Hilo, Hawaii).
There's snow on Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa and people are up on Mauna Kea skiing! Nice looking at it once the day warms up, but first thing in the morning...bare floors are cold and most homes have single wall (tongue and groove) construction.

At least Portland missed the mess that went up to Washington today...tis the season.

postal packin' mama 12-13-2010 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by tincan
I can't believe no mail. My husband carried mail in St. Paul in every kind o9f weather. I can't believe they have a choice. I always thought the policy was deliver it no matter what the weather.

Yes, but when the roads are CLOSED, please try to remember that the postal workers are humans, too... It's not OUR choice.

JuneD 12-13-2010 05:40 AM

I hate to say it, but I'm a planner when it comes to winter. I know I can't get out much due to snow and ice, so starting in August I start stashing away fabric, books and patterns, just so I don't have to go through withdrawals in a blizzard! :-) Of course my stash is getting bigger and bigger!!!

quiltmom04 12-13-2010 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal
I can't believe this I ordered over 11 yards of material for a quilt I have been drooling over and decided to take the plunge. Here's the kicker: It started snowing here around Midnight and at this time there is over 12" of snow on my deck I received and email telling me my Material is being delivered today!!!!!!!!!!!! Really there is no Mail Man/Women in this decade that "No Matter Rain Snow!! or Sleet will Stop a Mailman" . well guess what :o( he's not coming today. Now that is true torture, but then again I could be snowbound for 2 years and still be able to make a quilt with all the stash I have. Talk about Addicted!!

Some of my favorite quilts have been made during a snowstorm and I had to make do with what I already had. Have fun!

laughingquilter 12-13-2010 07:14 AM

However, that is precisely why we quilters NEED to have a stash. You never know when you could end up housebound and it'd be a tragedy to be home without a thing to work on.

I do, however, understand your disappointment on not receiving your order as notified. I'm always SO excited to get things when I order online.

Hope it gets through quickly!

crazy cat lady 12-13-2010 08:04 AM

You're normal :lol: Fabric Hounds unite!!!

Up4BigChal 12-13-2010 08:12 AM

Oh My Gosh!!!!! My Wonderful Mail Man just stopped by to do his Saturday Deliveries, Bless his Heart!! He said he wanted to get me this box because he Just Knew I was looking for it!! I bake him treats All the time, got to keep him happy!!

But What GORGEOUS Fabric "Fancy Hill Farms"by Robyn Pandolph RJR Fabrics in the Reds and Golds!!! and the
Quilted B was Super Fast and VERY Reasonalbe: on sale for 6.65/yard!! Free Shipping and a little gift inside!! Barb is a wonderful shop owner who Always goes above and beyond!
Yes indeed this is going to be a Beautiful Quilt when It's done!!
God Bless all and please stay warm and Safe!!

Quilting Nana 12-13-2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal
Oh My Gosh!!!!! My Wonderful Mail Man just stopped by to do his Saturday Deliveries, Bless his Heart!! He said he wanted to get me this box because he Just Knew I was looking for it!! I bake him treats All the time, got to keep him happy!!

But What GORGEOUS Fabric "Fancy Hill Farms"by Robyn Pandolph RJR Fabrics in the Reds and Golds!!! and the
Quilted B was Super Fast and VERY Reasonalbe: on sale for 6.65/yard!! Free Shipping and a little gift inside!! Barb is a wonderful shop owner who Always goes above and beyond!
Yes indeed this is going to be a Beautiful Quilt when It's done!!
God Bless all and please stay warm and Safe!!

Make sure you send us pics.

Alondra 12-13-2010 03:00 PM

Quick! Run to your fabric stash and grab some fabrics and start making blocks... any fabric, any blocks. Any further delay will simply exacerbate the problem. Trust me, I've been there! ;)