Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Snow Day - Sew Day! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/snow-day-sew-day-t240919.html)

sweetpea 02-12-2014 10:36 AM

I praying for all of you stay warn and safe. Hope that your power stay's on and you quilt and stay warm until the ICE and snow is gone. I thinking that may be sometime in July around here.

MaryMo 02-12-2014 10:45 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who are enduring once again the wrath of Mother Nature. I'm sure there are others with me here who are blowing warm air your way to push the storm on out to sea. In the meantime, stay hopeful and know that better weather is headed your way.

KGoodhand 02-12-2014 12:22 PM

My thoughts are going out to all of you! We already have over a foot of snow easily! We are supposed to be getting more too from the same storm! I am so done with winter already!!!! Spring can arrive anytime. Actually there was a news article from a little further north in Ontario here and they measured the snow drift at 11 feet high and they have gotten more snow since then too!!! If I can find a picture I will post it! Stay safe everyone! :)

GailG 02-12-2014 12:40 PM

I keep reminding myself that when the hot weather hits the Gulf coast, we'll be thinking about this cold spell. And then we'll be on the alert for hurricanes and more lines in the grocery stores. This has been one heck of a winter. I surely got more quilty work done in the last few weeks. Stay warm and safe everyone.

PenniF 02-12-2014 12:45 PM

Missed us here in N. Texas....all y'all >>>> STAY SAFE !!!!

IrishNY 02-12-2014 12:53 PM

Snowing like heck here in NC. Expecting 6-10" but am home after a harrowing trip from work and will probably be here all day tomorrow. I'm from NY and miss snow (but not the cold) so I am thrilled to have a snow day!

sewmary 02-12-2014 01:32 PM

Greetings from Wisconsin. Hope you all down South stay warm and well. We are used to snow and ice and cold (well not as cold as we have had this year!) and are SICK SICK SICK of this stupid winter. And we have the machines, salt, and manpower to take care of stuff. Can't imagine how bad it is for you.

Raggiemom 02-12-2014 01:53 PM

Stay safe all of you in the path of Pax. Hope none of you lose power. :(

lots2do 02-12-2014 02:23 PM

We've already been informed that we will get out of school early tomorrow. 1:00 pm for me. Then Friday is a question mark. Maybe a delayed opening, maybe a snow/sew day, maybe not! I'm sick of the cold as well. Thank goodness we haven't lost the power yet...hope we don't.
Some of our elementary kids were playing basketball on the one day we were allowed to have outside recess this week. They were 'dunking' the basketball by standing up on top of the snow banks. It was pretty funny looking. Yup, that's how we play basketball up here in NH in the wintertime!

mic-pa 02-12-2014 03:07 PM

Well I am on the edge of the on coming snow. so have no idea what we will have to deal with. Just hope we don't loose power, if we do I will knit. Also my propane heater will keep us some what warm. I am also sick of this bitter cold and winter, too much already.