Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Snowed in. YAY! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/snowed-yay-t89228.html)

Naturalmama 01-10-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
I guess if I want a snow day I should move to the south! We get plenty of snow, but we also have the equipment to move it.

If we could just hope that the plows would break down! :lol:

BoJo 01-10-2011 12:19 PM

We have snow in eastern North Carolina near the Atlantic Ocean. It is great!!!

Mitch's mom 01-10-2011 01:28 PM

I'm just west of Knoxville on the Plateau. We have around 6 inches and my husband has 4 wheel drive. He took me to work then went back to the house. His work was canceled.

craftybear 01-10-2011 02:02 PM

have fun sewing and quilting today!

libthekwltr 01-10-2011 02:47 PM

Sadly, along the SC coast, we only have a slight dusting of snow. I was hoping for more, but am happy that, so far, the ice has left us alone!

quiltin amma 01-10-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by mommafank

Originally Posted by mic-pa
We need several feet before we are considered snowed in LOL and so far this winter we haven't had more than 3-4 inches. Enjoy your time quilting

Having lived up north and now here in South---difficult to understand the craziness here.

Me too, but I left the north for a reason--namely snow and a good man! We own a convenience store so my dh drove his big four wheel drive truck to the store and stayed all day--I couldn't do anything but sew and quilt!!!

owie 01-10-2011 03:31 PM

Good for you. We are expecting snow tomorrow afternoon. I have nowhere to go.

IrishNY 01-10-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
I guess you Northerners laugh about being "snowed in" with just 3" of snow - but the whole south STOPS when it snows. I'm expected to do nothing but quilt. And I'm in the middle of a project that I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited about!

Actually, as a northerner, I'm jealous. We haven't gotten more than 2 inches at our house all winter. I want to be snowed in. Granted, it will take more than 3".... lol

Aurora 01-11-2011 03:40 AM

They were predicting snow overnight -- not a flake. Schools are already closed just at the prediction of snow. I stopped at Walmart after quilting UFO yesterday, picked up some white thread (gave one of my spools to someone who left their thread at home). My quilt guild stuff never leaves the car so I always have my supplies with me -- just in case. Also, had to pick up some food for my little ones, some cookies and snacks for mother. I always have a stash of chocolate -- just in case. Have four knitting projects to complete this month. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

michelehuston 01-11-2011 03:53 AM

It is supposed to start snowing here this afternoon. Will go to class this morning, out by noon, stop by local joannes for hand quilting thread and let the snow snow me in for a few days..hopefully. I must say I really hate snow but if it's coming, snow me in!