Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So Excited and Soooo Nervous (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-excited-soooo-nervous-t152954.html)

wanda lou 09-14-2011 05:50 PM

Enjoy!
And don't forget to post a picture.

NJ Quilter 09-14-2011 05:56 PM

I took a class for this block a couple of years ago. Took my FW - that's why I have it, right? Wore my comfy clothes and flip flops because I can't sew with my shoes on! No problems. Great class. Learned alot about pp'ing and got several blocks done. Points, curves, etc. Still haven't quilted the thing yet because I hand quilt and haven't figured out how I want to quilt it yet. Even thinking about taking a class at another (no so) LQS who rents out their longarms. Just too busy. Enjoy your class - you'll lvoe it.

Jennie and Me 09-14-2011 07:13 PM

All of the above is great advice. Wish that I lived close so that I could take that class with you. It is on my bucket list of quilts to make. :thumbup:

Jim 09-14-2011 08:44 PM

It's a class....everyone is going for the same reason, no matter what skill level...don't stress enjoy, have fun, make friends and a beautiful quilt!!!!!

ewecansew 09-14-2011 09:59 PM

Your guild has some awesome instructors this year. You should learn from Linda's techniques. I have her book and she makes it look easy. Go and enjoy yourself, be comfortable and whatever sewing machine you take will be fine, just make sure you have a new needle (and a few spares). I am sure you will get a class equipment list beforehand so you will be ready.

k3n 09-15-2011 12:12 AM

I've just started teaching workshops - have my second this morning, and I am nervous too, though the last one went well. Just remember that the teacher is human too! And it's supposed to be fun! :-D

Krystyna 09-15-2011 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I've just started teaching workshops - have my second this morning, and I am nervous too, though the last one went well. Just remember that the teacher is human too! And it's supposed to be fun! :-D

Teachers nervous? Never! :P
I wish you lots of luck and many more teaching assignments!

lsmft 09-15-2011 03:08 AM

That little black dress you're wearing for the profile pic would be perfect - and comfortable for a day of quilting.

I wish I had known about the class sooner - I live in Suffolk Cty and would definitely have signed up.

Enjoy! and do well!

Tinabodina 09-15-2011 03:09 AM

I think it is great that you have taken the first step.
Don't worry about anything. Ask if there is a supply list, and by all means, take the machine you are most familiar.

Annaquilts 09-15-2011 03:16 AM

Wear comfy cloth, sit in the front so you hear everything, bring the machine you like the best to sew on, pack so you are organized. Oh don't forget to have fun! DD uses a freeby softcase, black and white paisley ice chest on wheels to transport her sewing machine in. You'd be surprises how many have it all quilters have covet her case. LOL