Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So this happened today.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-happened-today-t315594.html)

OurWorkbench 06-10-2021 05:35 PM

Cute machine. It looks like it has Four blanket stitches which would be great for applique. I can't quite determine the differences between 11, 12, 41 and 42. It looks like it also has a serpentine stitch (22) that many like to quilt with..

Have fun with your new machine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

nature lover 06-10-2021 05:49 PM

Enjoy your new machine and its different stitches. My first machine was a Brother and is still going strong after 34 years

bakermom 06-10-2021 06:23 PM

I have the prw 5500 as a travel machine. One DD also has one and another DD the cs6000i. Nice little machines.

Railroadersbrat 06-11-2021 02:25 AM

I'll be taking her out for a full blown test drive this coming VQW, I bought the fabric for my nephew's quilt (doing the Roundabout, I just love that quilt) and I'm hoping everything will be here in time. Fabric and thread will be here later today, I'm too excited.

I've been looking for a good, good machine to help ease the workload on my SS2402, she's purring like a kitten still and I'd like to keep her that way for as long as I can. My plan is to use the Brother for piecing and doing some quilting, but the 2402 is going to be my free motion quilter now.

Rae-Rae 06-11-2021 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Railroadersbrat (Post 8490070)
My first time owning a Brother - my older sister has two, one I had the chance to work with a little and I fell in love with it. We had some extra cash, fiancé told me I deserved it so I ordered it yesterday from Amazon. It arrived a few hours ago and I've been having fun playing around and getting to know it.

Anybody else have this model?

I have the CS6001 model and I love it.

tallchick 06-11-2021 04:06 AM

My very first machine was a Brother and I was very happy with its features and performance, congratulations on your new machine, so much fun and always very exciting to learn and play with, enjoy!

Rhonda K 06-11-2021 04:37 AM

[QUOTE=OurWorkbench;8490137]Cute machine. It looks like it has Four blanket stitches which would be great for applique. I can't quite determine the differences between 11, 12, 41 and 42. It looks like it also has a serpentine stitch (22) that many like to quilt with. /QUOTE]

The stitches on 11 and point either left or right directions. Same with 41 and 42.

That is a nice machine with lots of useful features.Congrats on your new machine and enjoy!

rryder 06-11-2021 04:59 AM

Congratulations on your new machine! I have 3 Brothers (different models) and love them all. Yours has lots of nice stitches and you can have a lot of fun playing with different ways to use them in quilts. I second the suggestion that you make a “stitch dictionary” so you will have a real life reference for each of the stitches. You can easily make one by layering a piece of stabilizer in between two pieces of fabric and then just stitching out each individual stitch. I stitched mine out in the order that they appear on the machine starting each stitch at the default length and width, then partway down the line of each stitch I changed the width and length to see what they looked like and just used a super fine point sharpie marker to label them.

Have fun!

Rob

SusieQOH 06-11-2021 05:05 AM

Oh that's a cute one!! So much fun to have a new machine. Enjoy!

Snooze2978 06-11-2021 05:18 AM

I don't have that model but another small Brother machine I bought off of Costco which I never would have thought to do. I liked it so well for putting at the end of my cutting table to attach my bindings that I bought another for a guy I was teaching how to sew and got that one for even less than I bought mine. It takes some of the Babylock feet I had at the time and does use the bobbins so that was a plus for me when I decided to sell the Babylock when I went to downgrade my number of machines. I kept the little Brother machine so that tells you how much I like it.