Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So I Just Thought I was Organized (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-i-just-thought-i-organized-t297348.html)

Rhonda K 06-02-2018 05:49 PM

So I Just Thought I was Organized

I am starting on circle blocks for a quilt. I have a book on circle quilts that was in the box with fabrics. The book isn't there. It's not on the book shelves either. Did it roll away?

What have you lost/misplaced recently?

Tartan 06-02-2018 06:21 PM

I lost the container that I kept my orphan 12 inch blocks in. I couldn't believe something that size was lost in my sewing room. I found it about a week later while looking for something else.

Boston1954 06-02-2018 06:25 PM

I absolutely cannot find some pins I use to hold binding. Had to go buy some new ones.

Jingle 06-02-2018 08:19 PM

I don't think I have lost anything. If I have I haven't missed it yet.

Cari-in-Oly 06-02-2018 08:39 PM

A pattern that I haven't been able to replace. I know where I put it but when I went to get it, it and some other papers were gone. My DD won't admit it but I'm sure she threw them away.

Cari

Irishrose2 06-02-2018 08:47 PM

A 2"x17" strip of fabric that i needed to replace a block in a quilt. I tore out four blocks, replaced two and lost the piece for the other two. I retraced every place I'd been today, cleaned several areas that needed it and nothing. Just as I was giving up for the 2nd time, I spotted a corner of it on a table. The rest had slid down near the table leg. I live with only a well behaved dog, so I can't blame anyone else.

Annaquilts 06-03-2018 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 8069489)
I am starting on circle blocks for a quilt. I have a book on circle quilts that was in the box with fabrics. The book isn't there. It's not on the book shelves either. Did it roll away?

What have you lost/misplaced recently?

My embroidery thread box.

Tudey 06-03-2018 02:25 AM

My husband bought us a new camera in December. It is a Canon Elph and is rather small. He had it in his electronics lab on his desk and he thought it might get knocked onto the floor, so he told me he put it somewhere "safe" then he couldn't remember where that safe place was. I spent the better part of 3 weeks looking for that stupid camera---I looked every place he could possibly have put it to no avail. Finally, I was sitting in there with him one evening and I playfully grabbed his shirt and said "What did you do with it???" He pointed to a place on the desk and said, "It was right there and I didn't want it to get knocked off and it's not down here..." He moved the file drawer slightly away from the desk and pointed to the floor..."Oh yes it is" He THOUGHT about moving it to a safe place and never actually had--it got knocked off the desk! I took it and told him I was in charge of it now. We have a wall safe in the hallway that leads to our bedroom, we don't lock it or anything(came with the house) So I set it inside the there and said "Now it IS some place 'safe'!" LOL

JENNR8R 06-03-2018 02:41 AM

I bought some of Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Circles. I put them in a drawer, and when I looked for them next, they were gone. They haven't reappeared, and won't, until I buy some more.

Wanabee Quiltin 06-03-2018 04:12 AM

I lost some blocks I set aside until I could figure out how to put the top together. I’m giving my sewing room a makeover/clean up maybe this week, so hopefully I will find it.