Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So I Just Thought I was Organized

So I Just Thought I was Organized

I am starting on circle blocks for a quilt. I have a book on circle quilts that was in the box with fabrics. The book isn't there. It's not on the book shelves either. Did it roll away?

What have you lost/misplaced recently?

Power Poster
    I lost the container that I kept my orphan 12 inch blocks in. I couldn't believe something that size was lost in my sewing room. I found it about a week later while looking for something else.

I absolutely cannot find some pins I use to hold binding. Had to go buy some new ones.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

I don't think I have lost anything. If I have I haven't missed it yet.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Banned
    A pattern that I haven't been able to replace. I know where I put it but when I went to get it, it and some other papers were gone. My DD won't admit it but I'm sure she threw them away.

Cari

A 2"x17" strip of fabric that i needed to replace a block in a quilt. I tore out four blocks, replaced two and lost the piece for the other two. I retraced every place I'd been today, cleaned several areas that needed it and nothing. Just as I was giving up for the 2nd time, I spotted a corner of it on a table. The rest had slid down near the table leg. I live with only a well behaved dog, so I can't blame anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
    I am starting on circle blocks for a quilt. I have a book on circle quilts that was in the box with fabrics. The book isn't there. It's not on the book shelves either. Did it roll away?

What have you lost/misplaced recently?
    My embroidery thread box.
    Anna Quilts

My husband bought us a new camera in December. It is a Canon Elph and is rather small. He had it in his electronics lab on his desk and he thought it might get knocked onto the floor, so he told me he put it somewhere "safe" then he couldn't remember where that safe place was. I spent the better part of 3 weeks looking for that stupid camera---I looked every place he could possibly have put it to no avail. Finally, I was sitting in there with him one evening and I playfully grabbed his shirt and said "What did you do with it???" He pointed to a place on the desk and said, "It was right there and I didn't want it to get knocked off and it's not down here..." He moved the file drawer slightly away from the desk and pointed to the floor..."Oh yes it is" He THOUGHT about moving it to a safe place and never actually had--it got knocked off the desk! I took it and told him I was in charge of it now. We have a wall safe in the hallway that leads to our bedroom, we don't lock it or anything(came with the house) So I set it inside the there and said "Now it IS some place 'safe'!" LOL
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

I bought some of Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Circles. I put them in a drawer, and when I looked for them next, they were gone. They haven't reappeared, and won't, until I buy some more.

I lost some blocks I set aside until I could figure out how to put the top together. I’m giving my sewing room a makeover/clean up maybe this week, so hopefully I will find it.

I usually find what I lost about a week after I replace it. Never fails. Was looking for one of the 2 mini electric hand sewing machines to add a piece of batting to a quilt on the frame. Couldn't find either one...........think I might have over cleared out the sewing room and threw it into the box for the thrift store. Never fails. Haven't used it in 8+ yrs. and now that I could use it I've given it away.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Quote Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
    I bought some of Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Circles. I put them in a drawer, and when I looked for them next, they were gone. They haven't reappeared, and won't, until I buy some more.
    A girlfriend and I both lost our Karen K circles the same week! I ended up finding mine in a container of applique stuff, but she had to reorder! They just roll away lol!

I just gave my sewing room a thorough cleaning and now I can't find anything. Why is that?

Blog Entries
    I bought three panels of quilt labels. Put them in a special drawer marked "quilt labels." They were very handy for making sure I labeled my quilts. A couple if weeks ago I opened that drawer to get a label. What? They're all gone! How could that many labels disappear? I've looked everywhere. Well, obviously not everywhere since I haven't found them. Thought of buying more but can't find any that I like as well.

I swear something sneaks into our house and steals things. Then later they puts them back.

Blog Entries
    My favorite thimbles are constantly running away then all of a sudden I will find all three of them hiding in different places . Right now I am looking for my little light that plugs into my lap top, I had it Friday but it has also gone into hiding.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

I made a couple of placemats for our RV. I quilted one and loved it and went looking for the other. I could not find it. Not anywhere. It was making me crazy! It had been right there ready to be quilted next. Where did it go? Turns out it was on the back side of the first placemat.
    I quilted them both together!
    Now its just funny and I have a pretty nice hot pad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Sew N View Post
    I made a couple of placemats for our RV. I quilted one and loved it and went looking for the other. I could not find it. Not anywhere. It was making me crazy! It had been right there ready to be quilted next. Where did it go? Turns out it was on the back side of the first placemat.
    I quilted them both together!
    Now its just funny and I have a pretty nice hot pad!
    That's funny!

Blog Entries
    Rhonda K, of course a book on circles Rolled Away. Too funny!

I had a whole roll of cork fabric to make book covers (to embroider on) and was saving it til I found just the right pattern and occasion. It was about $45 for the roll so I didn't want to be hasty. Put it in a safe place so it wouldn't get scrunched (I could actually see it when sewing). So DGD is graduating to high school and thought she would love a girffe on a composition book cover. Nope, couldn't find it anywhere. Now this is a pretty big item, not a lot of places it could be. Sure isn't where I put it and looked at it for over a year! Had to buy some pieces (didn't want another roll, cause you know I will find it!) and made it up to send. Still haven't found that bugger!

Well, I lost my Labyrinth Walk pattern and still haven't located it. Thought once I had the quilt done it would turn up but no such luck.

mac
    Complete fabric for a quilt that was put in a plastic box with the pattern. Where or where could it have gone?

I lost a three yard wad of fabric. I know I'm not imagining it, because it is in a photo I took last July. It should be with my other larger yardage pieces on the bottom shelf in the sewing room, but I took everything off the shelf one at a time, and it isn't there. I can't imagine where it went! It must be in the house somewhere, or it disappeared in a time warp.
    Lisa

I know a quilt gremlin lives in my sewing room. Things just disappear even if I am just sitting in one spot and don't move. Maybe I'm not the only one with a gremlin. Sounds like we are all in the same boat. I'm sure it's not our age
    ​Jumpin' Judy

mac
    Another quilter recently reminded me of the blue men from a Twilight TV Show. She said it was the Blue Men's job to make sure that everything is where you put it and if it is suddenly not there, then one of the Blue Men didn't do his job properly. If this is true, then I have a bunch of invisible slack-off, lazy-bodies living in my house!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast