Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So.....It's Come To This (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-its-come-t288453.html)

osewme 05-23-2017 07:56 AM

I put sticky notes on my bathroom mirror. Sometimes in the middle of the night I will think of something else that I need to remember & up it goes on the mirror. I've been known to have 3 or 4 plastered up there at one time. :) I've been putting notes under my machine pressure foot for years now. The bathroom & sewing machine are the two places I frequent all day long...oh, and my computer. I used to put sticky notes on my monitor screen until I discovered the "sticky notes" app on the computer. It was already on my computer when I bought it about 3 years ago....love it!

Jordan 05-23-2017 08:22 AM

All I can say is "thank goodness for post it notes". Every time I turn off my sewing machine I lose my settings that I was previously sewing with. I am with all of you ladies!

Sewnoma 05-23-2017 08:28 AM

Hey, I do the same thing and I'm in my early 40's. I stuck a nice looking "chalkboard" sticker to my machine, and I use a chalk pen to write whatever notes I need to leave for myself on that. It's bold and hard to miss, and easily rubs off with my thumb.

I've always had a terrible memory though; it's not an age thing for me, it's just how I'm put together. I've ALWAYS been forgetful.

Onebyone 05-23-2017 09:47 AM

I rather have the setting changed and not have to worry about remembering. I had all my Brothers default settings changed. Seems only the computerized ones have the crazy default setting that no one uses for piecing.

Kitsie 05-23-2017 11:46 AM

Yep, 75 and can relate!! Luckily my Pfaff comes up with the needle right on my stitch line! I would loathe having to move it every time I want to sew!!

K-Roll 05-23-2017 12:29 PM

Reminds me of myself when my kids were young...I had a very stressful job & was always ripping and running from one thing to the next, dropping them off at school, ballet, picking them up, errands, trying to keep things balanced and everyone here knows that drill.
Anyway, at one point, I must not have been getting enough sleep or had extra pressure because I began to forget to close my front door when I left! This happened 2 or 3 times in the space of a week. I worked in a different city miles away and was mortified to keep returning home with kids to see my front door standing wide open. LUCKILY nothing was ever amiss and a "safe" area. So - I wrote a post-it to stick onto my steering wheel that said "Close the door" - except how embarrassing to be such a simpleton - so I wrote it in French "Fermez la porte". LOL. Clear sign one is overwhelmed...

Boston1954 05-23-2017 02:51 PM

When I finish sewing for the day, and before I put the note on the machine, I have to also make sure that the needle is up. When I turn on my machine the next day, the needle does a funny little sideways thing, as though it's thinking about what it wants to do. I cannot leave it in the down position because of this. I may take a look at my owner's manual tomorrow to see what I might be able to change.

butter14562 05-23-2017 05:11 PM

Just wait till you start putting the feet on backwards. I did this on the overlocker foot. Even after I rememberd to change out the single hole plate. Wow, didn't see that coming. Scared me to death.

coopah 05-23-2017 05:34 PM

I had this problem, too. Sticky notes work great...and think of it as a "pre-flight" checkist. :-)

quiltingshorttimer 05-23-2017 06:49 PM

Ha,Ha! I have trouble remembering to bump my needle over a bit to get the correct 1/4" seam allowance--not embarrassed by that at all---but about 1 out of every 5 times I use my built-in walking foot on my Elna Quilt Pro Queen, I forget to pop the presser feet arm into the walking foot and takes med a while to figure out why the darn thing just won't "go"!