Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So what did you get at JoAnn's sale?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-did-you-get-joanns-sale-t29398.html)

LindaR 11-28-2009 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by beckyw
Yes the blades can be sharpened just like a knife or you can buy a sharping tool. you can find the sharping tool by the blades.

I send all my dull blades to L.P. Sharpe (hes on line) and he shapens them and replaces them also....used him for a lot of years

Quilter2B 11-28-2009 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i am proud to report that i got absolutely nothing. quite an accomplishment for a weakling like me. :mrgreen:

Wow, such willpower! I bought lots of flannel (jammies for the grandbabies) and some fleece for "quickie" christmas blankets. JoAnn's in Rancho Cucamonga was a mad house but all the ladies at the cutting counter sang jingle bells - it was delightful! :)

Edie 11-28-2009 08:07 AM

Well, I was there at 6:00 AM - (see Topic Black Friday) and there were only about 8 people in line - Really great. I am using my lamp and I have been playing with my walking foot - totally new to me - but since I have to machine quilt the QFK's I figured this was the best way.

Anyhow, My sweet OAO (one and only) said that he was taking me to JoAnn's today to get the Sew Essential Quilting Center thing. It retails $229.99, on sale $149.99 and today I have a 20% off coupon! Thats my Christmas present. The only bad part is that it will remain on the porch, boxed up, until we take the tree down on January 4 = we haven't even gotten our tree yet, probably won't until December 18. Then I can sit for six hours or so and just leisurely put it together. Sure is going to beat a beat up old ironing board. Funny thing about it, I never mentioned it to anyone and my daughter in law says to our son "Tell your Dad about the quilting center at JoAnn's, I know your Mom would love one." So yesterday AM, just to be on the safe side OAO mentioned it to me and I was totally gobsmacked. I am so excited!!!!! That's what I told my family - Alls I want is fabric! Have a good day and I am glad that all of you who got to JoAnn's got what you needed and thems that didn't have money in their pocket for the next round of sales at JoAnn's. Seems to me that they open an hour earlier now, right? Edie

jewelps 11-28-2009 08:12 AM

i don't think that they can be sharpened because of them being round and thin

barnbum 11-28-2009 08:14 AM

The store was no busier today than it usually is--I didn't wait in line at all. But, no way would I go on Black Friday!

sculpyfan 11-28-2009 10:57 AM

Yes they make a little flat tray that you sit blade on and turn it with a handle enclosed and it does a very good job of sharpening. But you have to buy one for each size blade. I know this doesn't expklain it but if you have seen them and wonder if they work my answer is yes. Sculpyfan

deranged_damsel 11-28-2009 11:27 AM

didnt get to go, had family friday instead of thursday... had my family :mrgreen: so im not sad about the sale :mrgreen:

want to go tomorrow and look at the remenants, and that just might be good enough... i DID need that thread...

tigertail72 11-28-2009 11:54 AM

Wow you really did get a lot of things. That is what I do. It is like Christmas all over again. There are blade sharpeners, but I have not been able to get mine to work very well. I bought it from a quilting site. Can't remember which one. You place them on a rod between sandpaper and then twist it. I might be doing something wrong, however. Has anyone else tried this?

LucyInTheSky 11-28-2009 01:54 PM

They were out of Olfa rotary blades!! So I got a fabric scissors to cheer myself up, but it didn't work :( :(

wartycrawfish 11-28-2009 02:02 PM

I didn't spend as much as I thought I would. I got two cuts of fleece to make snuggies, some gifts for a Secret Santa gift, some felt pieces to make flowers, a couple of calendars, a skein of fancy yarn and some knitting needles. I really wanted to get some woolly nylon thread but they don't carry it any more at the store where I went. :cry: