Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So what is everyone working on? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-everyone-working-t1917.html)

Quilting Aggi 04-02-2008 02:57 AM

I am making lots and lots of crumb blocks.. I am also waiting anxiously for my order from JHittle.com to get my snaps to continue making my beach tote bags I plan to sell later this Spring and Summer. I plan to make the next BOM tonight after work. I just finished Gavin's baby quilt yesterday (I had to sew the journal label to the back of it). I hope to give that to the little boy this weekend. He is 1 years old. hmmm what else... cause you know us quilters always have more than one thing on the go!! LOL oooh I am hoping to start my boyfriend's Van Halen lap quilt next week. I finally got all the photos on photo transfer paper. This quilt will be for his birthday in August. I will get the photos onto fabric tomorrow night during our stitcher's night out group.

I love hearing what everyone is working on right now!!

Cheers

maggiebooboo 04-02-2008 03:56 AM

I got a GREAT deal on the long arm. Nolting told me it was worth twice what I paid. I'm just glad I had the space to take advantage of the opportunity. I have been sewing since I was a little girl in 4-H. But just started quilting.

annmarie 04-02-2008 04:49 AM

Aggi - you best post a pic of that baby quilt before you give it away

OR ELSE.............................................. .................................... :evil:

(if you already did I couldn't find it :?: )

Quilting Aggi 04-02-2008 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by annmarie
Aggi - you best post a pic of that baby quilt before you give it away

OR ELSE.............................................. .................................... :evil:

(if you already did I couldn't find it :?: )

I think I posted some already, but I will post more especially when the little fella is cuddled under it :)

would hate to upset anyone here :) that "or else" could mean you come threatening me with your rotary cutter.. I can see a hoard of you all now closing in on me with those cutters.. I'll just hold you all off with my rotary mat shield!!! LOL ooh lord.. I think I have stuffed too many envelopes today... I offered to do a little bit of 'grunt' work here at the office as I am having a slow period .. I volunteered to fold and stuff 5000 envelopes to go out to all our tenants.... I think its affecting me!!!

tlrnhi 04-02-2008 05:12 AM

I'm just working on finishing this heart quilt.
I do have a red top that I need to do something with. I started it, then put it aside to do the heart.
After that, I think I might tackle some of the BOMs.
Then maybe some crumb blocks.
I do need to get some housework done, as I have been doing very little.

Barbm 04-02-2008 05:22 AM

Here's a dumb question- what's a crumb block?

I finished a baby quilt on Sat., made a tablecloth and 8 napkins, finishing a table runner tonight. Then a throw (Fieldstones pattern) needed by next week to mail to Japan. (and a quilt for Noah, since I made Zachary's on Sat. now I have to make him one just like it- and it needs to go to Japan too)

I have 1 baby quilt top, 1 throw top, 1 queen top and 1 double top to be quilted as soon as my frame arrives.

So much fabric- so little time!

Quilting Aggi 04-02-2008 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
Here's a dumb question- what's a crumb block?

I finished a baby quilt on Sat., made a tablecloth and 8 napkins, finishing a table runner tonight. Then a throw (Fieldstones pattern) needed by next week to mail to Japan. (and a quilt for Noah, since I made Zachary's on Sat. now I have to make him one just like it- and it needs to go to Japan too)

I have 1 baby quilt top, 1 throw top, 1 queen top and 1 double top to be quilted as soon as my frame arrives.

So much fabric- so little time!

Check out this link Barb!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/5158.page

Cheers!

Barbm 04-02-2008 09:39 AM

I've spent the last hour floating through cyberspace- going from one site to the next. At first I thought I wouldn't like doing them- I like nice and neat and ordered, but I think I could do it. Reckless abandon- not words associated with me and quilting, but a basket of scraps is calling for me to experiment. Guess what I'm going to try tonight. :)

P.S. Thanks for the info- you've created a monster! I'll post if I can handle the results. (It's like having OCD and telling me to color outside the lines.)

Quilting Aggi 04-02-2008 09:51 AM

Barbm... let me forewarn you right now... THEY ARE ADDICTIVE!!!!!!! Once you start you can't stop!!!!

Have fun!! post pics!

conblond2005 04-02-2008 11:01 AM

I as just working on sharing templates of the mariner's sqares for anyone else to download. I haven't had time to use them yet but there are 3 of t hem on here and I have a 4" if anyone want's it just let me know.

Hope someone makes one and shares it with me.