Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So while the rest of the southeast is cleaning out the grocery stores... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-while-rest-southeast-cleaning-out-grocery-stores-t89425.html)

CorgiNole 01-10-2011 05:03 PM

especially of bread, milk and eggs, the ladies at the quilt store said they see a definite rise in business whenever a storm is announced so that the quilters are not stuck without a project.

So, does anyone else make a fabric run. I was already at my LQS taking a class this morning. DH picked up the non-perishables. We already had bread, milk and eggs.

Cheers, K

kriscraft99 01-10-2011 05:06 PM

scary thought ~ I don't think I could ever run out of projects, it might not be one that I really want to do - but I will always have projects.

Originally Posted by CorgiNole
especially of bread, milk and eggs, the ladies at the quilt store said they see a definite rise in business whenever a storm is announced so that the quilters are not stuck without a project.

So, does anyone else make a fabric run. I was already at my LQS taking a class this morning. DH picked up the non-perishables. We already had bread, milk and eggs.

Cheers, K

Raggiemom 01-10-2011 05:07 PM

Never thought of it. Of course, I'm not in any danger of running out of projects. :(

sunflower126 01-10-2011 05:19 PM

I can't imagine any quilter ever running out of projects or fabric to make them. I guess maybe not everyone has a stash.LOL

Jingle 01-10-2011 05:21 PM

No way would I be caught without fabric to work with. I have tons of it.

littlehud 01-10-2011 05:24 PM

I have tons of kits just in case I need something to work on. LOL

Juliebelle 01-10-2011 05:28 PM

It is a very strange thing to me that when bad weather is predicated every one runs to the store for milk, bread and other things I understand but milk, I don't get that. As for projects I have plenty to keep me busy and happy.

craftybear 01-10-2011 05:30 PM

we always get milk as you can always eat cereal if the power goes out and can stick the jug of milk out in the snow to keep cold

Originally Posted by Juliebelle
It is a very strange thing to me that when bad weather is predicated every one runs to the store for milk, bread and other things I understand but milk, I don't get that. As for projects I have plenty to keep me busy and happy.

BellaBoo 01-10-2011 05:32 PM

I have plenty of fabric and UFOs to stay busy all winter. I'm fine if the power doesn't go out. If the power goes off for more then a day, I'm at the nearest hotel with power along with sewing projects. I stuck it out during the last ice storm for two week without power, never again unless it's a have to situation. DH loves to man the house, I prefer room service.

earlylace 01-10-2011 05:50 PM

I didn't have any valentine fabric so went and got some today, its going to snow here tomorrow,Tue~! I am ready!