Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Solution for rulers that slip? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/solution-rulers-slip-t292258.html)

MaryHJ 10-30-2017 11:37 AM

Solution for rulers that slip?

I have several rulers that need the nonslip sticky circles on the back to prevent them from moving on fabric.
I am unhappy with the little circles. They are outrageously expensive for what they are, and they don't stay on the ruler.
I am looking for creative solutions to the slipping problem.

I have thought that perhaps I can make silcone blobs on my teflon sheet. These could be peeled up and a repositionable adhesive used on the back of the blobs.
Has anyone tried this? Does anyone know where I can get a sheet of clear silicone that could be cut as needed? (Something like the child's toy that is out now called gel and peel??)

Thank you for any ideas you might share.:o

daisydawg 10-30-2017 11:49 AM

Joann's has a product called Invisi Grip by Omnigrid. Comes in a roll and you just cut it to fit your ruler. Works pretty well.

RedGarnet222 10-30-2017 11:57 AM

The clear medical bandage tape works great on rulers. I got it at walmart. I can't remember who mentioned it here, but, I tried it and it works wonderfully. In the past I had used the invisi Grip. But, after awhile it tries to come loose. So far this works great and was inexpensive.

Twilliebee 10-30-2017 12:20 PM

I used Invisigrip for years but when someone here mentioned the medical tape I tried it on a new ruler. It works great! I've switched to medical tape on all my rulers.

SHELTIE'SMAMA 10-30-2017 12:30 PM

I use a dab of Elmer's contact cement especially when I'm squaring up hsts. It just rubs off when done and much of the time I prefer my ruler to be slippery. My last bottle lasted me 10 years so it is pretty inexpensive. So far I've not damaged any markings on the rulers.

lynnie 10-30-2017 12:33 PM

I have a friend who uses her hot glue gun on the backs of the quilts.
she says they stick to the fabric now. good luck.

Anniedeb 10-30-2017 12:39 PM

I use sandpaper dots. I don't know what they're called because a friend gave me a sheet of them years ago! I just peel and stick. They last a fairly long time.

EasyPeezy 10-30-2017 12:52 PM

I've used Invisigrip...it works for a while then it's slip and slide again.
Now I use Nexcare clear tape. Got it at Walmart. Quite a bit cheaper
and one roll can cover quite a few rulers.

QuiltnNan 10-30-2017 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 7934789)
The clear medical bandage tape works great on rulers. I got it at walmart. I can't remember who mentioned it here, but, I tried it and it works wonderfully. In the past I had used the invisi Grip. But, after awhile it tries to come loose. So far this works great and was inexpensive.

i use that, too. it's great

Tiggersmom 10-30-2017 01:40 PM

I've used the nextcare tape and after several years removed it from my rulers. It's frosted and was interfering with my ability to see the lines.