Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Someone pinch me...I can't believe this is true. LOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/someone-pinch-me-i-cant-believe-true-lol-t174579.html)

matraina 01-06-2012 07:00 AM

That's wonderful for you! Congratulations.

sewjoyce 01-06-2012 07:20 AM

Oh my...enjoy your new machine!! And YES, take advantage of all the free lessons that come with it....you won't be sorry you did!

MargeD 01-06-2012 07:56 AM

I felt the same way when I got my Janome 4000, I know it was a long time ago, but it had so many new "bells and whistles" that I traded in my Singer. Originally when I bought the Singer the dealer told me it was the right machine for quilting, however, after bringing in my Singer for the umpteenth time and needing to finish a quilt for a quilt show the next month, I was not happy I was having problems. I think the price was $1,000 - alot of money, but he gave me the money I had paid for the Singer off the Janome. She is still running great and I think she has to be between 12-15 years old and going strong. Congrats on your new dream machine - may you have many hours of happy quilting.

Veronica 01-06-2012 08:42 AM

Enjoy every moment with her, you lucky girl.

nanbue 01-06-2012 08:47 AM

I love your story. What a great way to get a fabulous machine. Please test it out and tell us all about it!!!

urgodschild2 01-06-2012 08:55 AM

I know that people who do not sew a lot or quilt would choke at the price of the machine. But to those of us who do, what a great buy. I know that you will enjoy it very much. My very first machine was a singer and it had a lot of cams for design stitching that I hardly ever used. I basically was happy that it went backwards and forwards and did a zig zag stitch. But I took a quilt class and they had machines there for us to use.....Bernina's. I fell in love but it took be a good 25 years to be able to afford to buy one oh yeah I bought two. LOL. I do have one that embroiders which I have never used. lol. But as far as taking my machines to class.......I don't like to do that. These machines have computer components and I am afraid of the moving around, toting it back and forth,riding in the car, etc, will harm that. I go to class, take notes and then come home and try it. I love my Bernina.

urgodschild2 01-06-2012 08:56 AM

Oh I forgot, if I really need hands on, a teacher will come to you home and give you lessons there.

crafterrn1 01-06-2012 09:01 AM

Enjoy your new machine! Luann

Carol Wilson 01-06-2012 12:13 PM

Here in Australia the Janome Horizon retails for $2999 the Aussie Dollar is practically on par with the American Dollar, that is why I buy all my craft fabric and equipment from the US. Should find out what the freight would be to Australia for the Horizon 7700.

carolynjo 01-06-2012 01:33 PM

Congratulations on your new machine. Enjoy that baby and post pictures like crazy!