Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Someone please talk me down! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/someone-please-talk-me-down-t210945.html)

ksdot417 01-16-2013 04:56 AM

Wish I could say run, but it would probably be in the direction of the Featherweight. Sometimes you just have to take advantage of the opportunities when they present themselves - I'd be kicking myself later. I think it just comes down to whether you want it badly. If you do, maybe you could make payments to her.

purplefiend 01-16-2013 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by JulieR (Post 5785984)
Seriously, this is like going to the bar for help in not drinking. :o

We're all terrible enablers. :D I love my Featherweights, I have whittled my herd of them down to 4; even a lovely original tan one among them.
Then there's the treadles and extra heads that fit the Singer cabinets. 18 years ago, I was the proud owner of one Bernina 1031, now the herd of machines consists of different brands and so much eye candy, a mere 17 machines. I have a $2500 plastic wonder, however the vintage/antique machines are what get the most use.
:shock:
Sharon

QM 01-16-2013 04:59 AM

I had one but like my little Janome better for taking to classes.

maviskw 01-16-2013 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5786555)
I guess I'm looking at this from a different perspective. This woman offered these items up as a *donation* for a door prize.

Sorry ... but they were offered as DONATIONS. That is what they should be.

The rest of you need to reread the first post. These things are supposed to be given out as DOOR PRIZES. Read what DogHouseMom has to say above.

Perhaps you'll be lucky and win one.

The rest of you need to reread the first post carefully. These things were meant for DOOR PRIZES.:)
Read what DogHouseMom has to say above.

AllAboutScraps 01-16-2013 06:03 AM

I want one........please! So I am no help in talking you down.

GrannieAnnie 01-16-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by OKLAHOMA PEACH (Post 5786041)
Sorry, woman if you don't hock your kids for it, I will.

LOL, I take it you'd really like to have a FW, Peach!

GrannieAnnie 01-16-2013 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 5787847)
Most of the people here missed the whole point of the thread. The things were being donated as DOOR PRIZES. I would be leery about that. Someone should look at the things to see if they are "prize worthy". Would you want to win those things? I'm sure these things are good, but you need to be sure. The following is from another post. The only one who GOT the point.

I guess I'm looking at this from a different perspective. This woman offered these items up as a *donation* for a door prize.

Sorry ... but they were offered as DONATIONS. That is what they should be.

Perhaps you'll be lucky and win one. (from DogHouseMom)

The way I read the original post is that there was a discussion about donations and the woman mentioned stuff she MIGHT donate-----------I didn't read it that she'd already donated. Then, the way I read it, is that our poster let her know she was interested in buying before the donation.

Maybe I'm the one who read wrong.

AllAboutScraps 01-16-2013 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5790100)
The way I read the original post is that there was a discussion about donations and the woman mentioned stuff she MIGHT donate-----------I didn't read it that she'd already donated. Then, the way I read it, is that our poster let her know she was interested in buying before the donation.

Maybe I'm the one who read wrong.

That's how I read it too :)

misseva 01-16-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by AllAboutScraps (Post 5790204)
That's how I read it too :)

I read it that way too.

deenatoo 01-16-2013 09:27 AM

Sorry...I am with the majority here...I would take them, provided the price is right, and give them a good home. They are obviously in a place where they are not appreciated. You will enjoy them! If you don't, call me and I will take them off your hands!!