Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Something I have noticed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/something-i-have-noticed-t282181.html)

yngldy 09-14-2016 10:02 AM

Something I have noticed

Not sure this is the thread to post under but here goes. I was checking out a sewing machine for my son on Amazon. That was last week. The price was $330 something. A few days ago I noticed on FB that over to the side was the machine I had looked at, and the price had dropped to the $320s. Now it is $316. Guess it pays to wait. Wonder if it will go down more. Has anyone else noticed this type thing happening and gotten a better deal on an item?

Judith1005 09-14-2016 10:21 AM

Sure, prices can change depending on the seller. Some will also entertain a lower bid amount.

lynnie 09-14-2016 10:24 AM

i'd try to offer a lower price on it to scoop it up

tessagin 09-14-2016 10:57 AM

check out the machine by googling- sewing machine pricing. That machine/price/pricing. That will give you an idea what to bid. Also ask or see if you can note any attachments or manuals that go with it.

Cari-in-Oly 09-14-2016 11:01 AM

Prices go up and down on Amazon all the time. If you see something that seems like a good price buy it because next week it may go down, but it may also go up.

Cari

dunster 09-14-2016 12:12 PM

I purchased a bolt of Warm and Plush on Amazon on Friday for $149.99. It was supposed to be delivered on Sunday, but didn't arrive. I kept checking the shipping status, and discovered that it was damaged in transit and sent back to Amazon before I ever got delivery. So on Monday evening, after reading on Amazon's site that they DO NOT re-ship items that are returned as undeliverable, and this includes damaged goods in transit, I re-ordered, and the price had dropped to $141.18. Good for me! On Tuesday I was on Amazon again and noticed that the price had now gone up to $145.xx (can't remember the exact amount). THEN Amazon notified me that they were re-shipping the original order (even though the web site said they did not do that) but I was able to cancel it before they shipped. So I'm happy, saved a few dollars. Doesn't happen often!

However - if you wait around for the price to drop, it may go up instead, so Cari's advice is good.

Dolphyngyrl 09-14-2016 12:28 PM

prices change frequently on amazon if you add it to your wish list they will email you when the price drops

nativetexan 09-14-2016 02:11 PM

wow Dunster. Talk about confusing. At least you got the reorder cancelled. Pays to watch prices

quiltsRfun 09-14-2016 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7652664)
i'd try to offer a lower price on it to scoop it up

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7652682)
check out the machine by googling- sewing machine pricing. That machine/price/pricing. That will give you an idea what to bid. Also ask or see if you can note any attachments or manuals that go with it.

Can you do that on Amazon?

Onebyone 09-14-2016 03:07 PM

Amazon is not a bid site. I keep items I want in my checkout basket. I always know when the price changes on each item. I especially use this for Go dies. I've seen the price change in minutes from low to high to low.