Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Something you need to know (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/something-you-need-know-t137047.html)

IBQUILTIN 07-13-2011 10:30 AM

Good for them!!!!! And your "Atta Boy" is a very good word of mouth boost. I am sure they will appreciate that.

bjnicholson 07-13-2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana
Don't try that with Clotilde...they refuse to lower their "shipping and handling". I had the same issue with a pattern. The S&H was more than the pattern. Their response, "our S&H is based on the cost of items, not the postage and we include handling". I told them I would not purchase anything from them where the S&H was more than the price of the product. See if they can "handle" that. I stopped buying from them altogether, after their response.
D inTX

It's funny you should say that because I called and got the same response, but when I received the pattern the shipping was knocked down to the letter rate. I think if I had not called they would not have lowered the shipping rate.

writerwomen 07-13-2011 11:50 AM

Prvocraft is also great. I emailed them explaining my son didn't realize I had a loom laying in the back of the van in a bag and he dropped his hardcases trumpet on it snapping pegs. I expected they'd send me a couple replacement pegs- they sent a whole new lom no charge and in 3 days!

primbears 07-13-2011 11:54 AM

Often the extra they make on shipping is why the price of the item can be lower. They make it up in keeping part of the shipping. Just be watchful.

BettyGee 07-13-2011 01:10 PM

I purchased a booklet that cost $15.95 through toadusew@creativeconcenpts and they charged me $12.87 to ship it UPS. I inquired why the booklet could not have been shipped using Priority Mail through the post office for a cost of $4.95. The reply was that I was given the opportunity to select my shipping method and that I chose UPS. Now why would I do that? The concern with my displeasure was underwhelming to say the least. Yes, you do have to be an informed shopper and read everything; then if you're lucky you won't ge gouged. There are so many terrific online retailers and then you run into one like toadusew@creativeconcepts and it can sour the whole experience of using the 'net.

grunny 07-13-2011 02:27 PM

Many times the cost of shipping is the determining factor as to deciding if I "really" need or want the item.

vjjo743 07-13-2011 03:11 PM

You are right. I used to buy patterns just to have in case one day..... Now I don't order unless I am going to make it now. So, I guess I really have saved a lot money not stocking up.

BettyGee 07-13-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by vjjo743
You are right. I used to buy patterns just to have in case one day..... Now I don't order unless I am going to make it now. So, I guess I really have saved a lot money not stocking up.

Oh please tell me how to do that. I'm so bad at buying patterns. I see them and how gorgeous they are and think of just the right fabric in my stash and before I know it I've purchased five patterns for "someday." I will have to live to be 250 years old to make all the patterns I've collected. I'm getting better though, not fast enough; but I'm trying. You have the right idea, thanks for reminding me of what is reality.

mzmama 07-13-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
I purchased a booklet that cost $15.95 through toadusew@creativeconcenpts and they charged me $12.87 to ship it UPS. I inquired why the booklet could not have been shipped using Priority Mail through the post office for a cost of $4.95. The reply was that I was given the opportunity to select my shipping method and that I chose UPS. Now why would I do that? The concern with my displeasure was underwhelming to say the least. Yes, you do have to be an informed shopper and read everything; then if you're lucky you won't ge gouged. There are so many terrific online retailers and then you run into one like toadusew@creativeconcepts and it can sour the whole experience of using the 'net.

I did notice that most of the time USPS is faster then UPS and a lot of the time UPS and FEDX give the packages to USPS to deliver anyway.

primbears 07-13-2011 05:05 PM

One thing to keep in mind. UPS insures up to $100 free. The post office does not insure unless you pay for it.