Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sometimes I get so mad at myself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sometimes-i-get-so-mad-myself-t54559.html)

pollyjvan9 07-15-2010 05:03 AM

Unfortunatly, only all the time!

dungeonquilts 07-15-2010 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by RevPam
It's called "a brain fart" and I have far too many!

LOL.....I forgot that this is what it is called. Can't wait to see pictures of this wonderful gift you are making.

sewgray 07-15-2010 05:26 AM

Sometimes I can't believe some of the stupid things I do, but since I live alone there is no one else to blame.

AbbyQuilts 07-15-2010 06:10 AM

I just keep shaking my head at this one. I started it 3 days ago and I had been playing with the pattern in the design wizard for days before that you WOULD think somewhere in there I would see that there was 16 blocks 4 rows across 4 rows down.

But noooo not me lol The other sad part is I dont even really know how I got it in my head that the quilt was supposed to have 12 blocks. I am now thinking I just made it up lol

Ohhh well if you cant laugh at yourself then when everyone else is you will feel left out :D

Annaquilts 07-15-2010 06:14 AM

Ugh I hear you. I thought I had the main part of all the blocks for a quilt and I only had about 1/2 of them. The time before on another quilt I made 9 too many blocks. No wonder that quilt was taking so long. Hehehehehe Well what do I expect if I'm quilting at 1 am?

christina bennett 07-15-2010 06:20 AM

When tired,something always go wrong. Two years ago I was finishing a lap quilt that I wanted to enter into a small town fair. I only had a few days to finish. After slicing off the top of my finger and a late night run to the ER my husband said that is the most expensive fair quilt he ever saw. I did win a ribbon in the beginner class but sewing tired has always caused me some kind of Brain Fart! Poof and it's gone.
Christina (chrissy)

christina bennett 07-15-2010 06:28 AM

I have two quilting friends and it is the blind leading the blind. We all know a little about differant things.
When I am with them we laugh and learn what not to do. Sometimes we laugh so much we don't get busy.
I am the Queen of mistakes ands saftey. If you should not ,or could get hurt I will have a laughing story. If it could happen,I have probably done it.
Laughing makes any mistake livable. Plus every one is entertained. I know that I am very intertaining, happy and weird.
Have fun and laugh.
Christina ( chrissy)

littlehud 07-15-2010 12:15 PM

I have done that too. I just sit back and thing.......what were you thinking Patti.

justwannaquilt 07-15-2010 01:13 PM

hey the silver lining, you didn't already cut the fabric up for something else! lol

PattyS 07-15-2010 07:46 PM

Around our house it's called CRS....Can't Remember Sh..t!!
It will be a story to go along with the quilt.