Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sometimes I get so mad at myself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sometimes-i-get-so-mad-myself-t54559.html)

C.Cal Quilt Girl 07-15-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
Oh yes, we all have our moments! I have a D9P set on point with sashing. I got all the blocks together, all the triangles except for the corners. Laid it all out (late at night) and thought I'd be less confused if I cut the extra points off the sides, top and bottom. I didn't realize until the next day that I cut off a row too soon! Now I have to make more blocks and rip out the last blocks along one side and bottom, shift all around, add new blocks and triangles. I was so discouraged that I put it aside. I'm hoping to get back to it one day soon though. It is a pretty quilt.

Lesson learned: do not cut when tired!

LOL... did almost the same thing the other day... just left them out, will make fine kid quilt center w/whats left over!! no one knows but me, and now 1/2 the quilting world now. :oops: :lol:

Janie Q 07-15-2010 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
I did that last week ! I was sewing the 7th of 9 rows and knew something was wrong. I was also sooooooo proud of myself for noticing my blunder before I had sewn another row on. I "unsewed" the last 2 blocks in the previous row and 2 from the row I had just sewn. Laid it back out on the floor to make sure it was right this time, so proud again ! It was then that I realized that there weren't any mistakes, I was just looking at the quilt sideways!!! Sewed them all back together and all was well. I even marked the first row so I wouldn't get confused. Didn't help much.

Do stuff like that all the time.

annette1952 07-15-2010 08:01 PM

Yes I have done that several times. This last time I finished a quilt ( I thought ) put it on the frame, got it all quilted then discovered I forgot to applique a handle on the basket block. Now I have to figure out how I can do it so it looks ok

hoppyfrog 07-15-2010 08:09 PM

Hey, at least I know I'm not in the boat alone ;-)

Boston1954 07-16-2010 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Yup. My "favorite" mistake is when I have everything laid out on the floor and start picking up and sewing, get interrupted, then sew two "wrong" rows together. :roll:

That irritates me no end. Or it used to. Sis gave me some little plastic squares to mark blocks and rows. So handy.

mygirl66 07-16-2010 04:18 AM

Happens to me all the time! Dont beat your self up, just laugh it off.

ksea 07-16-2010 04:34 AM

Oh yeah, I was making a crib size trip around the world and I always make extra strips to do a pillow cover, wall hanging border or any other accent pieces and I don't know I just kept adding strips and when I was finished I had a full size quilt. I guess I should have realized that I had made way too many strips.

pdolls 07-16-2010 05:06 AM

I don't call them senior momments but blonde ones but here is the kicker my hair is brown

thismomquilts 07-16-2010 05:31 AM

Just did the same thing!! I am working on a table runner... Thought I knew how to do it and was not paying attention to the directions, came upon a snag - I needed to rip off (gently, of course) one triangle - only one! - set the project aside for supper (darn that need!) and when I went back to it I forgot about the row already sewn together and went on to the next one... one whole row has been left out - THANKFULLY no one will ever know ;)

Linda1 07-16-2010 06:18 AM

If I didn't see any mistakes I would know someone else was in my sewing room sewing instead of me.