Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Spending foolishly at the quilt show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/spending-foolishly-quilt-show-t154244.html)

CAJAMK 09-19-2011 03:01 PM

I went to the PA quilt show in Oaks, PA last Thurs & again Sun (one admission price covered all 4 days). Oh yes, it was fun. The quilts & goodies were beautiful. But I really pretty good at money management. But this quilt show I just felt reckless...I bought the x-block template from the Sue Pelland booth thurs went back sun & bought the book and another template. Bought a few panels (yea like I need more of those!), A kalidescope template, marking chalk, some charms, a really neat template for making leaves. Geez I don't use 90% of the items in my sewing room already...I had to vent somewhere...anyone else have a "spend foolish" story?

DeeBooper 09-19-2011 03:10 PM

I probably will have after the first. Going to the airing of the quilts in PA....can't wait!!!!

CoventryUK 09-19-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
I went to the PA quilt show in Oaks, PA last Thurs & again Sun (one admission price covered all 4 days). Oh yes, it was fun. The quilts & goodies were beautiful. But I really pretty good at money management. But this quilt show I just felt reckless...I bought the x-block template from the Sue Pelland booth thurs went back sun & bought the book and another template. Bought a few panels (yea like I need more of those!), A kalidescope template, marking chalk, some charms, a really neat template for making leaves. Geez I don't use 90% of the items in my sewing room already...I had to vent somewhere...anyone else have a "spend foolish" story?

Yep!! Everytime I go to a quilt show/LQS or anywhere with fabric!! :roll: And I have a sewing room full of 'must have' gadgets!!! :lol: :lol:

nclauri 09-19-2011 03:20 PM

I love the quilt in your avatar! The colors are so striking. What is the name of the pattern?

CAJAMK 09-19-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by nclauri
I love the quilt in your avatar! The colors are so striking. What is the name of the pattern?

That is a simple Diappearing 9 patch. thanks for the compliment

Dolphyngyrl 09-19-2011 03:37 PM

I'm that way with patterns, but most of my gadgets I use at some point, just not all right away. Had a light box that I didn't touch for 3 years, now I use it tons. I figure, when I need it, I will have it and not have to buy a ton of stuff at once for a project.

mandyk 09-19-2011 03:39 PM

Yeah, dropped some money, too, on thursday's show. All I bought were some paTerns, two wide backs, and a jelly role of reproduction fabrics. Boy did that add up. BUT it was fun.

Lori S 09-19-2011 03:58 PM

I had to learn to give myself a "show allowance" and when it was gone I was done shopping. I loved the years that International was in Chicago, but it was very easy to get carried away. I still have a few fat quarter bundles that .... fall into the "what was I thinking category ". But still miss my annual spree at the "Fat Quarter Queen".

deanneellen 09-19-2011 04:00 PM

Yeah but you never know. You might need it some day!

valleyquiltermo 09-19-2011 04:04 PM

OMGoodness I have everything, but I do use it once in a while, LOL, My studio looks like a LQS. Oh well ;-)