Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Spring Inc, Material from Joann's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/spring-inc-material-joanns-t187079.html)

Sandra-P 04-25-2012 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5167617)
Connecting threads is very similar quality to Joannes IMO.

I agree with you. Maybe I should order from them again to see if the quality has changed.

Lori S 04-25-2012 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5168308)
I have some older Spring or Springs fabrics - and they are - in my opinion - very usable.

Has the quality changed over the years?

Yes it has changed. Interesting that after this topic was posted I was playing in my stash last night , and I have some very vintage Jo'Ann .. Spring manufactured fabrics . I also had a piece of a current Spring fabric that was given to me. HUGE difference.

Rose L 04-25-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by LilaKay (Post 5167869)
I order from CT a lot and hve never regretted it

This has been my experience at Connecting Threads as well. I haven't shopped at JoAnn's in at least 10 years so I can't comment about their products. I'm sorry you received such inferior fabric. Will they take it back? Connecting Threads will take custom cuts back, no problem.

cmw0829 04-25-2012 09:25 AM

I have a piece of Spring fabric. I didn't think it was as good as fabric from my LQS but not as bad as some of the stuff I've seen at Joann's.

babyboomerquilter 04-25-2012 09:37 AM

Spring is very thin and not too practical. I have found that alot of JA fabrics are getting worse. I have to really search to find the quality lately.

burchquilts 04-25-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by paulettepoe (Post 5167760)
SO far, what i have ordered from Connecting Threads has been great. ...just sayin.

Same here... & trust me, I've gotten LOTS of it... LOL! Plus good customer service.

momto5 04-25-2012 06:03 PM

I order from Fabric.com and have been very pleased with them, both in quality and customer service. And you get free shipping over $35 ordered....not affiliated, just happy with them...

EmbQuilt 04-25-2012 06:09 PM

My girlfriend had fabric that she had cut up and then realized it wasn't the quality she wanted in her project, she took it back to Joannes with her receipt and they refunded her money.

lovelyl 04-26-2012 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by paulettepoe (Post 5167760)
SO far, what i have ordered from Connecting Threads has been great. ...just sayin.

I agree - never a problem with Connecting Threads fabric.

coopah 04-26-2012 04:41 AM

My CThreads order of flannel arrived a few days ago. I'd never ordered flannel from them and was a bit worried, although the fabric was for charity fabrics. Still, I don't give away what I wouldn't want myself. What a joy! The flannel had a nice heft and when I washed it, colors stayed true and the nap fluffed nicely! Ordering from CThreads is my "go to" place when I don't want to drive to the LQS (30 minutes each way, minimum).