Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stash Organization Completed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stash-organization-completed-t108412.html)

hperttula123 03-18-2011 08:30 PM

That looks great!!!

janiesews 03-19-2011 05:52 AM

Looks wonderful!

luvstoquilt 03-19-2011 06:41 AM

I just thought I was bad!

debbieumphress 03-19-2011 07:50 AM

OK Looks like the shelves are still bending in teh middle. Better sew more quickly. LOL. Love your stash. Mine started out with that much and now half as much. By choice. I hate for all that fabric to sit there. So another way to look at it is, we collect fabrics like dolls, clowns, etc. No way to ever use it all. ♥

BettyGee 03-19-2011 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Betty, This looks awesome. I am going to come out and take a look. We can go for lunch too!!!

Hey, Featherweight! Good to hear from you. You're welcome to come shop at Betty's and lunch would be fun.

All kidding aside, thanks much. Would love to see you again.

BettyGee 03-19-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
OK Looks like the shelves are still bending in teh middle. Better sew more quickly. LOL. Love your stash. Mine started out with that much and now half as much. By choice. I hate for all that fabric to sit there. So another way to look at it is, we collect fabrics like dolls, clowns, etc. No way to ever use it all. ♥

Yup, the shelves are bending. I'm sewing as fast as I dare. Just did a piece that I realize is wrong and so now I have to rip out seams. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! All this fabric and I can't even get one project right.

BettyGee 03-19-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee

Originally Posted by BettyGee
Thanks everyone, I know that you can appreciate the work that went into organizing. I also know that I'm blessed to be able to have a stash like this. My DH knows where to find me for the next year or so.

I hope when you want something from the top shelf that you have someone else get it for you. That is unless you are very tall. LOL

Nope, only five feet and one quarter inch so I have lots of step stools, a grabber and a tall husband.

dixiebelle162002 03-19-2011 12:59 PM

At least you have some of the better quality fabric, some of the fabric that I have seen lately has not been very good qaulity.

BettyGee 03-19-2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by marlene tarzwell
I was just wondering if you are able to cover your fabric on the futon? I would be so afraid of the sun fading your beautiful fabric. Just asking?

Yes, I thought about that too. I have shades that I close when the sun is coming in that window. Thanks so much for noting that though, I very much appreciate it. Wouldn't that be a bummer to have the sun fade some of those beautiful colors before I even got a chance to use it?

BettyGee 03-19-2011 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
Wow you have quite a fabric store there.

This board has made me reorganize my sewing room. I have ordered a bookcase because I took all my quilting books out of my cupboards so I could put my fabric in there. The books were never accessible anyway. As soon as I get the bookcase I will be done and I may post pictures, because I love my sewing room. It is my sanctuary.

That's the way I feel about my sewing room too. It is my little world to escape. My DH knows where I am and I have my fur baby, Shadow, to keep me company. It is my safe haven.