Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stash surprises and dissappointments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stash-surprises-dissappointments-t180020.html)

Barbara Antman 02-20-2012 06:30 AM

Stash surprises and dissappointments

I was going through the my "stash" last night and was very surprised and some fabric I found. Paper Dolls, Flower Garden Party, and a no name, yet once popular Baby Face fabric. Yes, these were someday projects. Well, now I want the someday to be here, but lack the patterns, or at least a picture of the finished product.
I am going crazy looking on the Board for the original pictures. Iknow all of them were here at one time! I found the Paperdolls in a Quick Quilts March 2009 magazine, but am at a loss for the others.
The "Flower Garden Party" was a Donna Dewberry fabric. Other than that I am at a loss. The other fabric has big round baby faces, some with a pacifier, some with bottles, all inside separate squares. No names on the fabric edges, but cute as can be!
Hindsite is 20/20, and from now on I when I have a someday project,I will keep a picture or pattern in a bag with the fabric. Guess that would be organized huh?
Anyway, if anyone can help me find a pattern, tutorial, or picture of the "Flower Garden Party" or the "Baby" instructions, I would be thrilled. I am a visual person, and not good at just making it up as I go along.
Thank You
Barbara

Tink's Mom 02-20-2012 06:35 AM

If you went to a donna dewberrry site, do you think they may have a pattern in the archives for the Flower Garden fabric...I think I had that fabric at one time...but don't remember what I used it for.
As far as the baby faces, couldn't you just make sashing for between the blocks?

QuiltE 02-20-2012 06:45 AM

As Tink's Mom suggested ... let Google be your friend and you just might find what you want.

Maybe it's time for you to step out of your comfort box ... and let your creativity happen!
I'm sure there's LOTS of patterns that you could find that you could visualize switching in the fabrics you have.

The baby fabric sounds really cute! :)

Sunnie 02-20-2012 07:38 AM

I can so relate to your dilemma. When I reorganized in January I did sort the fabrics into large ziplocks and put the pattern in with them. Sorry I can't help with the pattern search for you.

Barbara Antman 02-20-2012 08:55 AM

I have googled for hours. Nothing. These are little smiling faces on daisies. I know I saw it somewhere on the board, that's why I ordered it. But Thank You for trying, and I just might have to fly out of the comfort zone. To me that would be like jumping out of a plane lol

BellaBoo 02-20-2012 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:It's called Peek A Boo by Moda :

. [ATTACH=CONFIG]313774[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 02-20-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Barbara Antman (Post 4991596)
I have googled for hours. Nothing. These are little smiling faces on daisies. I know I saw it somewhere on the board, that's why I ordered it. But Thank You for trying, and I just might have to fly out of the comfort zone. To me that would be like jumping out of a plane lol

Perhaps show some pics of the fabrics ... and we can overload you with ideas!

QuiltingCrazie 02-20-2012 11:23 PM

I knew the moda one because I have the charm pack. Look at modabakeshop you might find that one.