Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stash surprises and dissappointments >

Stash surprises and dissappointments

Stash surprises and dissappointments

Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 AM

Default Stash surprises and dissappointments

I was going through the my "stash" last night and was very surprised and some fabric I found. Paper Dolls, Flower Garden Party, and a no name, yet once popular Baby Face fabric. Yes, these were someday projects. Well, now I want the someday to be here, but lack the patterns, or at least a picture of the finished product.
I am going crazy looking on the Board for the original pictures. Iknow all of them were here at one time! I found the Paperdolls in a Quick Quilts March 2009 magazine, but am at a loss for the others.
The "Flower Garden Party" was a Donna Dewberry fabric. Other than that I am at a loss. The other fabric has big round baby faces, some with a pacifier, some with bottles, all inside separate squares. No names on the fabric edges, but cute as can be!
Hindsite is 20/20, and from now on I when I have a someday project,I will keep a picture or pattern in a bag with the fabric. Guess that would be organized huh?
Anyway, if anyone can help me find a pattern, tutorial, or picture of the "Flower Garden Party" or the "Baby" instructions, I would be thrilled. I am a visual person, and not good at just making it up as I go along.
Thank You
Barbara
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM

If you went to a donna dewberrry site, do you think they may have a pattern in the archives for the Flower Garden fabric...I think I had that fabric at one time...but don't remember what I used it for.
As far as the baby faces, couldn't you just make sashing for between the blocks?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

As Tink's Mom suggested ... let Google be your friend and you just might find what you want.

Maybe it's time for you to step out of your comfort box ... and let your creativity happen!
I'm sure there's LOTS of patterns that you could find that you could visualize switching in the fabrics you have.

The baby fabric sounds really cute!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 AM

I can so relate to your dilemma. When I reorganized in January I did sort the fabrics into large ziplocks and put the pattern in with them. Sorry I can't help with the pattern search for you.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 AM

I have googled for hours. Nothing. These are little smiling faces on daisies. I know I saw it somewhere on the board, that's why I ordered it. But Thank You for trying, and I just might have to fly out of the comfort zone. To me that would be like jumping out of a plane lol
Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

:It's called Peek A Boo by Moda :

. [ATTACH=CONFIG]313774[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails peek-boo-baby-face-pink-13002-11.jpg  

Last edited by BellaBoo; 02-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barbara Antman View Post
I have googled for hours. Nothing. These are little smiling faces on daisies. I know I saw it somewhere on the board, that's why I ordered it. But Thank You for trying, and I just might have to fly out of the comfort zone. To me that would be like jumping out of a plane lol
Perhaps show some pics of the fabrics ... and we can overload you with ideas!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 PM

I knew the moda one because I have the charm pack. Look at modabakeshop you might find that one.