Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stash-t39891.html)

tlrnhi 03-18-2010 01:52 PM

Mine is always nice and neat! Ok, in my mind it is, but in person? Ummm.....can you define "neat"?

MadQuilter 03-18-2010 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by elliemay
This may have been a topic before, but... do you all have nice tidy sewing rooms?.

I'm laughing out loud. I store my fabric (well, the stash that fits) in clear plastic containers in cabinets. Since it is separated by color, I pull the bins out and audition as I need it and the bin goes back.

Now I am involved in the Boomerang swap and I have to (get to) work with all the colors of the rainbow. Translate - almost every stash bin is sitting around and I have piles of pieces all over. Recently, I even started the Eleanor Burns method of tossing leftovers (trash) behind me.

As a result, my sewing space is a real disaster at the moment.

Boston1954 03-18-2010 03:05 PM

I keep mine in clear plastic containers. It is so nice to be able to see what is in there and not have to open every one.

As to hiding the new stuff. I don't have to. My hubby says as long as the bills are paid, I can get what I want.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-18-2010 03:19 PM

I have mine all over, in bins, on shelves, and in the closet. I do have to say, that I sew as a business too.

Ninnie 03-18-2010 04:00 PM

I keep all of mine in closed up chests. That was the way my grandmother taught me, not to leave it in the light. :lol: :lol:
It's all the other things that are thrown around :roll: :roll:
Too many books, and tools :lol: :lol: and yet, I had to search for a seam ripper today :shock: :shock:

JanetM 03-18-2010 04:01 PM

I have all of my fabrics folded on fabric boards and stored in a bookcase. This system makes it possible for me to see what I have and I think it "decorates" my sewing room
During a project my sewing room gets pretty messy, but I clean it up afterwards. Everyone has their own way. For me, I have to be organized.:)

littlehud 03-18-2010 06:58 PM

Mine is stored in totes under my frame.....and in my closet.....and everywhere. When DD goes shopping she is always on the lookout for totes for me. I have no problem filling them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rose Marie 03-19-2010 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I use the cheapest ways I can find.
Target has plastic coated wire shelves (tricky to put togather) for 14.99 one sale. It makes six shelves. Also you can get those fabric hanging shelves on sale for around six dollars.
I buy plastic baskets at the dollar store for fat quarters.

jljack 03-19-2010 03:06 PM

Well, I have to admit that I used to carefully hide my new stuff for a while until DH wouldn't really notice it. Then I noticed that HIS stash pile was getting way out of control....all piled up, nothing organized. So....I stopped hiding anything new, and he NEVER notices!!! Ha-HA!!!

I needed a place to store it all, so we bought a 7' tall restaurant rolling shelving unit with wire shelves, 48" wide, at an auction and I use that. I love it!! Heavy weight, and if I want to move it it rolls really easy.

jljack 03-19-2010 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by redrummy

Originally Posted by butterflywing
nice, neat sewing rooms? what language is that?

and why would you talk that way to me? did I make you mad or something?

You ladies are a total crack up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: