Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Statement of Stash Flow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/statement-stash-flow-t211850.html)

Lori S 01-24-2013 02:10 PM

I will say ....I have been needing more output than input.

LynnVT 01-24-2013 02:16 PM

Fabric? What fabric? Oh, that's just a little pile of old stuff. And a few tubs of....things...I might need them some time. When the kids left home I just jammed a few handfulls of material in all the drawers of all the dressers that DH didn't fill with model railroad cars. What did I buy? Who, me? Just a bit of this and that. Hey, look what I made out of some old stuff I found in the bottom of the closet.
Accountability? Maybe keep a little book like the Weight Watchers points report? Spreadsheets and graphs? Hah! Not on your life.

MimiBug123 01-24-2013 02:37 PM

I don't want an inventory. That way, when I find something cool, that I'd forgotten about, it's like found fabric. No accountabiity here! LOL

mcdaniel023 01-24-2013 04:00 PM

No way!!! My DH would hold an intervention after we found the smelling salts and got him off the floor. LOL!

lots2do 01-24-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by LynnVT (Post 5810821)
Fabric? What fabric? Oh, that's just a little pile of old stuff. And a few tubs of....things...I might need them some time. When the kids left home I just jammed a few handfulls of material in all the drawers of all the dressers that DH didn't fill with model railroad cars. What did I buy? Who, me? Just a bit of this and that. Hey, look what I made out of some old stuff I found in the bottom of the closet.
Accountability? Maybe keep a little book like the Weight Watchers points report? Spreadsheets and graphs? Hah! Not on your life.

Now there's an idea. All the batiks and civil war repros you want as free points like veggies...everything else costs points and you can only use so many points. That's what I call a fabric diet.

Jan in VA 01-24-2013 05:09 PM

I don't do this. No. Nope. Not going to.
But, I doubledogdareyou to take this by your local quilt shops and see if *they* do!!:p (Apropos of another post today about quilt shops closing.)

Jan in VA

leakus 01-24-2013 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947 (Post 5809886)
NO!!!! quilting is my escape from the rest of the world. I want NO accountability:) Keep us posted on how this works for you....lol

EXACTLY!!!! My DH keeps saying that I have to make money to recoup some of the investment. I don't think so!

grann of 6 01-25-2013 04:46 AM

My DD is an accountant and I DO NOT allow her in my sewing studio. The closest I come to keeping track of my in-flow and out-flow is when I see an empty spot on the shelves, I know it is time to go shopping to fill it up again. I enjoy the ability to shop my stash when doing a project, and not having to comb my hair and gas up the car.

lovelyl 01-25-2013 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 5809923)
i wouldn't dare try that.
i'd be so covered in red ink that some er doc would be sure i needed stitches somewhere. LOL

Hysterical!

paulswalia 01-25-2013 05:11 AM

I thought the original idea was fabric in, fabric out, not the money aspect. And I like THAT idea. I've joined the 2013 fabric moratorium here on the board and that's the only way I will justify any purchases. If some comes in, then a finished project has to go out.