Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stencils for quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stencils-quilts-t161895.html)

jaciqltznok 10-20-2011 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Crqltr
I was just at the lqs and they had new pens for fabric. Fine point, and friction from the rubber tip or heat from a iron will remove it. They showed me how it works and I was impressed. They have three colors.

these are the Frixion Pens..do a search here on QB and read all the reasons why you should NOT be using these on your quilts!

sylviak 10-20-2011 01:28 PM

[quote=kuseta]I just discovered spray chalk! It's great!! works like spray paint and marks your quilt very quickly and easily. It washes right out, too. In the quilting tools section at Joann's and it comes in white or light blue. kind of expensive, so I use my coupons on it. ]

How well does it stay on while quilting? Sounds really interesting!

jaciqltznok 10-20-2011 01:29 PM

spray chalk...sorry..but anything that is a SPRAY usually means there is a propellant in there to make it spray..that means a petroleum based product is going onto your cotton fabric...never a good mixture!

Theresa 10-20-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

I was just at the lqs and they had new pens for fabric. Fine point, and friction from the rubber tip or heat from a iron will remove it. They showed me how it works and I was impressed. They have three colors.

these are the Frixion Pens..do a search here on QB and read all the reasons why you should NOT be using these on your quilts!

The only thing I've read is not to freeze the ink mark or it will reappear. Is there more than this?

Sadiemae 10-20-2011 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Theresa

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

The only thing I've read is not to freeze the ink mark or it will reappear. Is there more than this?

So, if the quilt gets too cold you have to heat it again? That might surprise someone who has received a quilt.

Theresa 10-20-2011 02:05 PM

Shouldn't have responded about the pen on this thread...sorry.
Actually am looking forward to responses about the stencils. They are a bit awkward for me, especially when it comes to the corners. Maybe I just need to "lighten up" and be more creative.

Holice 10-20-2011 02:34 PM

Multi-Pastel chalk pencils can be obtained in LQS, Art Supply Stores and www.quiltingstencils.com

hobbykat1955 10-20-2011 03:47 PM

Ponce Chalk with holder

Barb44 10-20-2011 04:30 PM

I've always used the wash-out markers. They are blue and work on most colors. For really dark fabrics I use a white marking pencil, but don't like them really well - have to sharpen often.

carolaug 10-20-2011 04:37 PM

I just ordered the pounce iron off...I was not impressed with the regular pounce powder. It rubs off it was a pain. I am hoping the iron one will work better.