Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Still "bargellowing" here and seeking advice... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/still-bargellowing-here-seeking-advice-t235674.html)

ManiacQuilter2 11-28-2013 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt (Post 6428830)
Top one looks great. Bottom row looks like it needs some rearranging.

I would throw out the white on the purple row. Do you see how it SCREAMS in the black & white photo Find a washout lavender and don't be afraid to use the reverse side of a fabric. Does Moda Marble have a washed out lavender?? Maybe a batik?? 9,10,11.12 need to be rearranged. I am worried about #6 in the purple lineup. It might stand out with another color that you might not like. Remember, you are going to be cutting some very narrow strips. But I think you have a good start on your fabrics. I really like the blendability of the fabrics. Here is one of my fabric selection for my Aurora Borealis. I thought that Eileen fabric were OK but I preferred a more smothers color transition. Can't wait for Sunday, going to get her new book at JAF !!!

DogHouseMom 11-28-2013 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops ... sorry ... forgot to load the B&W conversion of your 2nd round.[ATTACH=CONFIG]449035[/ATTACH]

Dina 11-28-2013 08:26 PM

Thank you, Sue!!! I value your advice and I really appreciate you helping me. Cutting small pieces from fabric next, as I do plan on looking at fabric early tomorrow. Great idea.

Thanks again!

Dina

DogHouseMom 11-28-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 6429139)
Thank you, Sue!!! I value your advice and I really appreciate you helping me. Cutting small pieces from fabric next, as I do plan on looking at fabric early tomorrow. Great idea.

Thanks again!

Dina

No problem! Enjoy shopping and keep us posted :)

ckcowl 11-29-2013 03:55 AM

you seem to have a large amount of 'mediums' with very limited lights/darks and the whites...are just 'shocking' and all though 'white' it is very bright- not really light. if I was going to include that one I would have it mixed in with the other mediums- not at the beginning of the light- it's really not light-it has a much brighter value than any other color in your run. (shocking is not always bad- can add the spark you desire) i would either cut a narrow strip from each fabric or overlap them so only 1-2" shows- fabrics tend to look differently as a narrow strip- than a large piece.

Dina 11-29-2013 08:12 AM

Again, thanks everyone. I just got back with four new fabrics to play with. I will update when I figure out some stuff and try all the suggestions.

Dina

Dina 11-29-2013 09:00 AM

Okay, ManiacQuilter2, I love your quilt, and thank you for suggesting I use the back of a fabric to get the lighter colors. I have been playing and have an order sort of established.

DogHouseMom 11-29-2013 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 6429728)
Okay, ManiacQuilter2, I love your quilt, and thank you for suggesting I use the back of a fabric to get the lighter colors. I have been playing and have an order sort of established.

:) Good for you!!

Dina 11-29-2013 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I pushed the wrong button there...

I have learned, thank to my son, how to get a picture to show up on my computer in black and white, so I am able to plan easier. (I will buy a black ink cartridge soon, just not on Black Friday. :) )

Anyway, my next step is to cut small strips and see how it looks on my design wall.

Thanks again for all the help.

Dina

DogHouseMom 11-29-2013 09:23 AM

Looks great!