Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stop the world and let me quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stop-world-let-me-quilt-t147455.html)

lisalovesquilting 08-25-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Gatormom3
I totally understand your sentiments and often feel exactly the same way!

Me too. :?

susie-susie-susie 08-25-2011 05:02 AM

Concentrate on Mom for now, and maybe some take along stuff to work on and just keep her company. Good for both of you. Housework can wait. That's my motto anyway. Even if you can only grab 15-30 min., it will do you good. Hope your Mom is feeling better soon.
Sue

CristyK1 08-25-2011 05:06 AM

Don't you just hate when life gets in the way? It's been the same way with me all summer long. I had such grand plans since I wouldn't have to be running between schools or home schooling. I was going to get so much done. Yeah well plans are all nice but life just gets in the way.

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
Some weeks I am finding it so hard to get some quilting time in. This week is one, work, house cleaning, visiting sick mom (I love you tho MOM!), errands...grrrrr...
I just wish I could wiggle my nose. Make time stop and relax with some soothing music and QUILT!

jad1044 08-25-2011 05:07 AM

I agree with just wanting some time for ME - this summer has been a busy one- now canning season is on - so some more pick, can and sew a few stitches in between if any at all.... Like you said - STOP THE WORLD AND LET ME SEW!!! even if just for one week!!!

gardnergal970 08-25-2011 05:11 AM

Those are the times that I work on some kind of scrappy quilt...if only for 15 minutes...something I don't have to give much thought to but I can enjoy the soothing sound of the machine and see beautiful patterns of color develop from scraps. That's been my summer and I've gotten a queen top done. The really creative, designing stuff is on hold for later this fall after the garden is put to bed.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 08-25-2011 05:20 AM

I'd suggest making one day a week quilting day or setting aside 1/2 hour each day to quilt. It's amazing what you can get done in a short time. I'm hand quilting a double size quilt and it was going really slow. I made up my mind to quilt every day even if it was just 1/2 hour. I'm getting a lot done.

gramacheri 08-25-2011 06:00 AM

Be careful what you wish for. Time is so precious and when we fit something very special in (like quilting) it makes it more precious. Having a job is a blessing and having a Mom is even more so. Enjoy Mom and enjoy work and enjoy quilting.

kyrose 08-25-2011 06:06 AM

Something I learned from Mama: Don't worry about the dust on the furniture when there is a good book in the house. The dust isn't going any where. Just substitute quilting for the good book. Other words, take some time for yourself and what you enjoy. Life goes by too fast. One day you will wonder where it all went.

sailsablazin 08-25-2011 07:12 AM

Sounds like you are living at my house (except visiting the mom thing). Kids need to be transported 4--6 times/day to swim team, TaeKwonDo, etc.. There is no time for any quilting and the kids are sneezing since I have ignored the dust pretty much (although I have managed to buy more fabric this week, so that is something).
Maybe when school starts again. However, I have learned not to long for or wait for tomorrow. Today is the only day that you can count on and I have to make the brownies for 2 swim teams--(70 girls) and cut up watermelon. The word was to buy ROUND nacho chips, only serve Chocolate Milk and Water (I have a child allergic to milk), and cut the watermelon in WEDGES---someone has too much time on her hands....so I am cutting the watermelon in chunks just to spite the "control freak."
I do love it all, but I am tired.

Just Jan 08-25-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
Mom your worth not quilting but housework isn't so I it's gottA go!

"Housework only comes before Quilting in the dictionary."