Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   strange question I have (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/strange-question-i-have-t103479.html)

SuziC 02-27-2011 10:28 AM

I have a neice that sews and a DL too so they will get it all!!

QultingaddictUK 02-27-2011 10:57 AM

I have to make a new Will for a number of reasons and I am going to add in something for ALL my quilting things. None of my family are craft orientated although they all love my quilts and I don't want to see expensive or loved quilting machines going to a home "may be useful for stitching curtain or Jeans hems!" and that piece of fabric could make a nice cushion. So I am going to leave it IN TOTAL to the Local Head of Project Linus to distribute where it will be most useful and appreciated.

I think this is something that all of us quilters should think about as I read a rather sad story, on this forum, about one of the members had got a wonderful stack of fabrics which the family didn't want from a garage sale of a departed quilter, it looked as tho' there was enough to fill a warehouse no family needs that task to handle IMO.

clem55 02-27-2011 11:04 AM

Yes, my daughter and I have talked about my things. She finds it hard to listen at times, but I think I am getting through to her. I told her what my new machine just cost, but she said she would probably just keep the FW as that is the only one she even attempted to sew on. My MIL had a general type will, but she had marked a lot of her "special to her" items as to the age and who should have it.

nana4baj 02-27-2011 11:12 AM

At our quilting quild that had a Quilters Pledge for us to give our family. It was like a note that said, Please Call the guild if ever Bonnie dies and they will come take all of ther sewing things if they are not wanted by the family.........I thought that was a good idea, since we do alot of charity work............

Originally Posted by Hosta
but have you ever said to your family all this stuff if worth a lot of money so be thoughtful what happens to if something happens to me? I am always telling my family this so they know not to just pitch the stuff. Especially my treadle

:thumbup: :thumbup:

jeanneb52 02-28-2011 03:42 AM

I doen't matter what it's worth...I'm takin' it with me.

sik1010 02-28-2011 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by jeanneb52
I doen't matter what it's worth...I'm takin' it with me.

I'd like to do that too-sign me up!
I don't worry, my daughter sews and I have 2 sisters that sew and multiple cousins..I told my DH to get out of the way, cuz they all want my stuff!

akrogirl 02-28-2011 04:25 AM

I don't know what will happen to my stuff - very few relatives left on my side of the family, but DH is all too aware how much some of my machines are worth, lol.

mic-pa 02-28-2011 04:29 AM

I have a DD and DIL who sew and quilt with me once a week. So I am lucky in many ways. My "stuff" will be well taken care of after I am gone. LOL

polly13 02-28-2011 05:25 AM

My treasures may be someone else's junk. No one sews in my family and won't know the value. My daughter always warns a good friend she is on call when I pass on.

Zephyr 02-28-2011 05:30 AM

I don't have any family that quilts but I have a daughter who sews. Family first and anything else goes to our church quilt group as I know they will appreciate and use or donate anything that they receive.