Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stressed-out-christmas-quilters-%22report-counted-%22-t31901.html)

Edie 12-22-2009 03:08 AM

It is 5:00 AM. I am up and rarin' to go. The presents are all wrapped, and now I am going to make Stollen and then off for my husband to get his H1N1 shot. Apparently they feel that they have enough serum for the immune suppressed 74 year olds. Is that pathetic or what??????

Anyhow, I did find something interesting out. You can fit a king size quilt in a wine bottle case box (got that?) I went up to the liquor store yesterday to find a nice box for the quilt I made for #1 Son and daughter in law and if you fold it lengthwise and then fold it again and then one more time and then roll it up, it fits just like a glove. I swore it wouldn't fit, but after a few practices, it went in like a charm. Got it all wrapped nice and pretty and that's it!!!!!!

Edie

JoanneS 12-22-2009 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
I finished everything Friday morning. If I never see red & green fabric again I'll be a happy girl. Everyone is getting handmade gifts this year except grandkids. I made 6 table runners, 4 toppers, and 2 wall hangings. My house is decorated (I didn't clean--just decorated over the dust and I'll use candles and keep the lights low LOL). I hope everyone gets done what needs to be and can sit back and enjoy Christmas in what ever way they chose. Joy to all!!

My kind of woman - decorating over the dust!

betlinsmom 12-22-2009 07:47 PM

Not everyone knows this since it is a "trade" secret but decorating with a fine layer of dust (or heavy layer if you really want to show off) is actually a very savvy way to make folks think you decorated using fine old antiques!! This works well with anything that doesnt smell! tee hee I use it a lot!!!!!

betlinsmom 12-22-2009 07:50 PM

Hi guys!! Merry Christmas!!! I just figured out what I want from you all for christmas!!!! (very clever, huh) Some one please , direct me to how tos for making tube quilt blocks! Thanks

judithb 12-22-2009 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by betlinsmom
Hi guys!! Merry Christmas!!! I just figured out what I want from you all for christmas!!!! (very clever, huh) Some one please , direct me to how tos for making tube quilt blocks! Thanks

http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/2009...tally-tubular/
And Merry Christmas to you too!!

Bev 12-23-2009 05:05 AM

And here I was, stressing out because I knew I'd never have time to do all the cooking, and still get the dusting done. Thanks for the very sensible advice. Yesterday I discovered that my two youngest grandkids (ages 5 & 8) are old enough and big enough to decorate the tree by themselves. I put the lights on it first, of course. Then I just opened the boxes and sat on the sofa with a bit of hand quilting. They went for it and did a darn good job if I DO say so. When my DH got in, he put the decos at the highest levels, and I stood back and applauded all of them. What a great feeling! All I really had to do was stifle my OCD and ignore the fact that everything wasn't perfectly symmetrical. It looks lovely. Oh, and P.S., only ONE item was broken. A favorite, but hey what the heck, right?

MNQuilter 12-23-2009 06:13 AM

So last night at 8pm I was finishing the tablerunner for my daycare provider for this morning. LOVE glue basting it down and machine sewing it! Then I finished one more ornament. Have to get to the store before the 6-12 inches of snow starts this afternoon, finish another ornament, make sure the turkey is thawing, write the letter in the kids' Christmas books, and and and....The list keeps going. oh, and I'm supposed to get some work work, like the kind I get paid for, done also!

Oklahoma Suzie 12-23-2009 06:16 AM

I am still working on a quilt for my son and his wife. I need to mail it on the 28th, I have a few extra days, cause they are not home for the holidays.

KBunn 12-23-2009 07:43 AM

I managed to get everything but the binding on one quilt done. I shopped last night after work and now it's baking and finish cleaning before all my company shows up Thurs night! Gotta love the holidays.

QuiltingGrannie 12-23-2009 07:44 AM

Just finished the last of my scrappy card for close family. Now I am officially DONE. Cookies were done yesterday and 2 Pumpkin pies are done this morning. I have to work today and tomorrow so had to get them done.