Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stripology ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stripology-ruler-t257494.html)

Knitette 12-25-2014 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 6993176)
I have the June Tailor rulers and what I do to avoid shifting, is after I make the first cut (usually to trim off excess), I pull that first cut piece out from under the ruler and let the plastic strip drop down and butt up against the rest of the uncut fabric. It sort of makes a lip that holds it all straight. As long as my fabric was folded properly in the first place, I get extremely accurate cuts, pretty quickly.

I have the big ruler that has only 2-1/2" cutting lines and I love that thing. I also have the smaller one with the 1/2" lines. I use them both a LOT.

This is what I do too. I've never really had a problem with slipping when cutting WOF, but if I'm cutting strips from joined strips I sometimes use a 24" ruler on top, next to the strip I'm about to cut.

gale 12-25-2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7020953)
How are holding it? I was instructed to press down, not grab it like a handle. No fingers or knuckles in the way at all.

I press down but also grab the handle. If I press without curling my hand around it, it hurts my hand.

Claire Voyant 12-26-2014 06:41 PM

I bought one of these at this year's Houston Quilt FestivL and have been madly in love with it ever since. It makes cutting the most commonly needed strips completely foolproof and so much faster. I've found I can stack more layers as well and there's no movement between layers. Absolutely worth it's weight in gold.

Lorisplace 02-15-2015 10:53 AM

Have you all heard of the martelli no slip( at all) split ruler. Check you tube or linda winner ( martellis instructor) she has some of her own pattern blocksv and some great videos. I love martelli products and customer service. I just drove few hours to vero beach quilt show just to meet linda,and see some of her new designs. I have some of there blocks and rotary cutter, recently got there slit ruler, can't even come close to those plastic June taylor type.i sure wasted a lot of money on wastless rulers,until now.

Lorisplace 02-15-2015 11:03 AM

Have you all heard of the martelli no slip( at all) split ruler. Check you tube or linda winner ( martellis instructor) she has some of her own pattern blocks and some great videos. I love martelli products and customer service. I just drove few hours to vero beach quilt show just to meet linda,and see some of her new designs. I have some of there blocks and rotary cutter, recently got there slit ruler, can't even come close to those plastic June taylor type.i sure wasted a lot of money on wastless rulers,until now.

Sandygirl 02-15-2015 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Claire Voyant (Post 7022469)
I bought one of these at this year's Houston Quilt FestivL and have been madly in love with it ever since. It makes cutting the most commonly needed strips completely foolproof and so much faster. I've found I can stack more layers as well and there's no movement between layers. Absolutely worth it's weight in gold.

my experience too! Love it
sandy

gale 02-15-2015 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lorisplace (Post 7091425)
Have you all heard of the martelli no slip( at all) split ruler. Check you tube or linda winner ( martellis instructor) she has some of her own pattern blocksv and some great videos. I love martelli products and customer service. I just drove few hours to vero beach quilt show just to meet linda,and see some of her new designs. I have some of there blocks and rotary cutter, recently got there slit ruler, can't even come close to those plastic June taylor type.i sure wasted a lot of money on wastless rulers,until now.

I saw that ruler online but it's black. I have to have a see-through ruler.