Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stripology ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stripology-ruler-t257494.html)

craftymatt2 11-30-2014 07:54 AM

This sounds really nice, will put it on my wish list for Christmas, thank you for sharing

raksmum 11-30-2014 08:33 AM

I just bought it and used it. I love it and will now get rid of my June Taylor. This ruler does not slip, it is very sturdy as there is something on the back of it that prevents the slipping. The quarter and half inch markings are nice to have and all lines are very easy to see.

raksmum 11-30-2014 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Twilliebee (Post 6988178)
Does anyone know where to buy/order this ruler in Canada?

I bought mine at a quilt shop in St. Albert, Alberta. I don't know if she would ship you one as they don't have an on-line shop. I guess you could always call and ask if you can't find one another way. The website with phone number is Quiltessentialco.ca

junegerbracht 11-30-2014 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinglady-1 (Post 6989179)
I noticed that she placed her hand on the strip right next to where she was cutting. Every time she did, I cringed. I figure that this ruler has the same problem as the June Taylor ruler. That is the reason I stopped using my June Taylor strip cutter. I'll just keep doing it my way.

I was thinking the same thing. I learned the hard way by slicing the tip of my finger while using my June Taylor ruler - now I try to make myself wear a glove.

ladydukes 11-30-2014 09:13 AM

I watched the video, thanks!! Now I need to watch for sales!!

Texas_Sue 11-30-2014 09:35 AM

I love the Creative Grid rulers and this one would be a good addition to anyone's tool. I may hint around my birthday that I would like this ruler. It is pretty pricey, but as a gift it would be great!

Susan

gigi712 11-30-2014 11:39 AM

Y'all are evil, evil I tell you!! :) I HAVE to have one of these. Love creative grid rulers!

Onebyone 11-30-2014 04:31 PM

In the demo I watched at a quilt show, the lady used the Quilter's SlideLock on the ruler to protect herself from a rotary accident. She said demoing and talking wasn't the safest thing when using a cutter. I think she sold more SlideLocks then the ruler. I use the Slidelock for every med to large ruler, and a cut resistant glove for small rulers. I don't understand not using a safety tool when using a rotary cutter.

pjnesler 11-30-2014 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by junegerbracht (Post 6989389)
I was thinking the same thing. I learned the hard way by slicing the tip of my finger while using my June Taylor ruler - now I try to make myself wear a glove.

ME TOO - every time she took a cut I was in fear of an accident, I know they wouldn't show it, but OOooooo.

matraina 12-01-2014 09:48 AM

I did a search. It came up on Amazon but it said, "no longer available". Don't know when/if it will be available again.