Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stripology ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stripology-ruler-t257494.html)

meyert 11-29-2014 06:20 PM

I used one like this last week at LQS, not sure if it was the exact same thing. But it was very nice. I have June Tailor shape cut plus that I really like, but what I used was sturdier and wider. That really made things go much smoother and faster. I would purchase the one I used, but it was very expensive (for me anyway) It would be a very good tool to have

Lisa Marie 11-29-2014 08:13 PM

I was just researching this ruler today. Its on my wish list when it goes on sale, I saw it at ericas.com for $54.95. I already own the Alto Cut 2 and the June Taylor ruler but what's one more to the collection. Right? :o

juneayerza 11-29-2014 08:53 PM

Creative Grid rulers are great and I think this is sturdier than the June Taylor ruler .

KittyD 11-30-2014 02:16 AM

I am definitely going to order this ruler -I use my June Taylor ruler all the time and since this one will cut a folded piece of fabric and cut in 1/4" increments is definitely worth it. Also, being a Creative grid ruler with the non slip feature is definitely an advantage for me as I have a problem with one of my arms. Thanks for starting this post as I know this ruler will be a big asset to me.

GailG 11-30-2014 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6988166)
i watched the video, too. it's kind of pricey [$55], as mentioned. i'm going to wait to see if i get any gift cards for the holidays. i have the shapecut, too, but the cutting slots bend when cutting... i'm hoping this one is better because of the non-slip material on the back.

I love the Shape Cut, but I, too, find that the strips tend to move in the cutting. So I just place my left hand closer to the place I'm cutting being careful not to go too close -- perhaps a strip or two further from the cutting line.

Thanks for the video.

Sandygirl 11-30-2014 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6988807)
Creative Grid rulers are great and I think this is sturdier than the June Taylor ruler .

I have the Stripology ruler and I love it! It has the features that are standard on Creative Grids. There are the anti-movement grips throughout the entire ruler. It is 2" larger than the Jun Tailor ruler. It has cutting marks every 1/2", there is a "layer cake"' cutting indicator and the black and the white markings throughout. My rotary cutter fits really snug and and stable when cutting. I use the 60mm with no problems. I envision cutting 2 1/2" squares out in no time! I did layer about 4-6 layers of fabric at the time I uses this to cut out the strips for hexies. I love it!

You buy these from independent quilt shops....not chain stores. Ask your fav LQS to order one for you if they dont have them already. They are $54.95 and subject to MAP pricing so likely no sale price. I expect many years of use out of this ruler.
Sandy

sandy l 11-30-2014 04:17 AM

Oh, I want one of those!

Snooze2978 11-30-2014 05:34 AM

I have the June Taylor ruler too and love it. Just used it yesterday in fact. Only thing I don't like about the JT ruler is that you can't cut .25 sizes so I got the Creative Grid rulers and I like them as well especially when I have a number of various cuts to make from the same fabric. I set each ruler to the size I need and cut away.

Also my JT ruler is looking pretty beat up too after so many uses.

quiltin-nannie 11-30-2014 06:37 AM

I can get the ruler and the Stripology book for $49.99 at LQS. You gals have talked me into it! LOL! Thanks for all the feedback!

quiltinglady-1 11-30-2014 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by GailG (Post 6989003)
I love the Shape Cut, but I, too, find that the strips tend to move in the cutting. So I just place my left hand closer to the place I'm cutting being careful not to go too close -- perhaps a strip or two further from the cutting line.

Thanks for the video.

I noticed that she placed her hand on the strip right next to where she was cutting. Every time she did, I cringed. I figure that this ruler has the same problem as the June Taylor ruler. That is the reason I stopped using my June Taylor strip cutter. I'll just keep doing it my way.