Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stuck. Can’t find the fabric I’m looking for. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stuck-can%92t-find-fabric-i%92m-looking-t317435.html)

Suz 01-29-2022 08:35 AM

I don’t have a mean twin sister either, but that lady comes to my house and she hides one sock. Where does the one sock go never to be found? I live alone and don’t have pets, so I can’t blame it on them. Meanwhile I wear a pair of unmatched socks which I understand is in vogue.

FoggyButFocused 01-29-2022 10:25 AM

What a beautiful quilt! There is a gap between my sewing machine table and the wall. Things fall down there all the time.

When I lose things, I concentrate on something else. For some reason this makes my brain remember where I put the the lost item. I hope you find it!

RedGarnet222 01-29-2022 12:53 PM

Oh dear! I am sorry you are going through such a crazy mishap. If I were being honest, I also have had things happen like this. Once it was my wedding ring! It showed up after a few days, but, I was a mess until then.

Check behind the blocks on the board. I have found a block under a block trying to get the right setting on my quilt top. When I put one on top of another.

Fabric Galore 01-29-2022 01:00 PM

I had a canvas holder for my knitting needles. I had my long needles and my dpn in this case and it kept falling out of the cabinet where I had stored it for years. I moved it and then I couldn't find it for over a month. I was doing a declutter in my sewing room and I was afraid I had put them into a donation box. One day when I was on the computer I thought about my needles and I got a flash thought to go look at the hangers in my craft closet. Sure enough, it was hanging on a hanger right behind the holder for my circular knitting needles. I must have looked at it a dozen times or more and never recognized it. I have always been this way so I can't blame it on age. I was always losing things when I was in high school. Good luck with the hexagons.

Macybaby 01-29-2022 05:30 PM

I have to make sure I look with my hands, and not only with my eyes. Today I was looking for some fabric I'd used for some BOOM blocks, and knew I was saving the leftovers for when I assembled the blocks. I'm pretty sure that was before I moved, so just about anything could have happened to it.

I looked in my stash to start with (most obvious place) and didn't see it. Then I started looking in less obvious places, and then into all my totes. I gave up for a while and pulled other fabric, but still really wanted to see if I could find it. So I started backwards this time and really looked in the totes and piles, and very last I went through the blues in my stash, using my hands to lift and really look at each fabric. And there is was, had gotten squashed back a bit so it wasn't as easy to see as I had expected. If I'd have used my hands looking through my stash the first time, I'd have saved myself about an hour of looking. But on the good side, I did re-acquaint myself with a lot of stuff in totes that I'd forgotten about.

eparys 01-30-2022 06:58 AM

OH NO!! You will find it when you least expect it. I often find things that I have lost inside other fabrics that I have recently refolded or sandwiched in a stack of folded fabric destined to be returned to the shelves. I have also found them on the vanity in the upstairs bathroom (lol) or in one of the bedrooms!! Just a side note here - I often use the beds in the guest rooms as a design wall as I do not have straight walls in my sewing room. Obtw .... love the quilt so far.

nanac 01-30-2022 10:28 AM

LOL! You would not believe the number of duplicates I have in my sewing room (scissors, templates, patterns, fabric, etc) because I misplaced something, and bought a new one, then would find the first one.

sewingpup 01-30-2022 10:34 AM

I will look for a while, then I call my sister or a friend and ask them where I put it. Now keep in mind, one of friends lives several states away. Then 9 times out of 10, I find the object when chatting with them on the phone, then I thank them for helping me find. Don't know why it works but it does!

pennyhal2 01-30-2022 12:56 PM

As soon as I buy a replacement for something I've "lost," it shows up. Some things that my husband has put "away" are lost forever and never show up.