Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stuck. Can’t find the fabric I’m looking for. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stuck-can%92t-find-fabric-i%92m-looking-t317435.html)

sewingitalltogether 01-28-2022 10:04 AM

Stuck. Can’t find the fabric I’m looking for.

1 Attachment(s)
I cut out all my hexagons for a baby quilt. They make up the background. Have been adding the triangles to make hexagon stars. I got this far. Have been sewing the pieces into rows for 3 days. And now I can’t find my stack of hexagons! Have looked all the usual places, you know, high and low. So much for plan A. I’m bummed but will work on plan B.

Homespun 01-28-2022 10:05 AM

Hopefully they will show up soon,

juliasb 01-28-2022 10:19 AM

It is so frustrating! I once lost a finished quilt. I knew I hadn't given it away but for the life of me couldn't find it. I thought I had looked everywhere. This went on for a few years with me looking all over the place. I finally found it the pull out bed in the sofa. Take a break from looking then start over again. Even check in the car. I use to have sewing projects I would take with me places including hexi projects. Good luck. You will find them.

sewingpup 01-28-2022 12:08 PM

Ha! I lost a whole cutting board, looked all over for it, finally decided that I had tossed it in the garbage when done cutting up veggies along with the trimmings. Well, it showed up with the cookie sheets and cooling rakes! Who put it there? I tried to blame the dog, but he wasn't having any of it!

Quiltwoman44 01-28-2022 12:21 PM

ha, ha! now maybe they are stuck on the back of your clothing!!! take a peek back there, one never knows....

toverly 01-28-2022 12:32 PM

Oh no! If you are like me you put them away for safe keeping until you needed them. Hope they turn up soon.

Julienm1 01-28-2022 01:07 PM

Seems I always have something that I had "RIGHT THERE" and then it's gone. No one to blame in this house other than my mean twin sister...just kdding...don't have a twin sister but someone comes in and moves stuff. How rude. So this is what I have learned to do. I think about it before I go to sleep. Somethime when I do that, the rude person moves it and so I can find it. :D...lol

I look for the lost item for a short time but if I can't find it, I work on somethilng else if I can. I know I misplace things because I don't pay attention when I'm working on something. I'm worried...I spent a whole day organizing my fabric. (Don't go there, Julie)

sandy l 01-29-2022 03:51 AM

Usually if I can't find anything right away, I quit. It usually turns up a couple of days later, so maybe that might work for you:)

lindaschipper 01-29-2022 05:20 AM

Usually when I put something somewhere that I need to remember such as cell phone for instance I've learned to say it out loud.
Such as cell phone in purse, or cell phone on nightstand. As I age, it sure helps me find things.

GingerK 01-29-2022 05:57 AM

Check your scrap bin and garbage can. Goodness knows I've found things that I did not mean to toss in. This may sound silly, but have you checked under/behind your design wall? Last resort--walk away for a bit. Fingers crossed they turn up soon. What you have completed so far, is really really cute. Lucky baby!