Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stuck on one pattern... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stuck-one-pattern-t191210.html)

Dina 06-08-2012 02:45 PM

Stuck on one pattern...

2 Attachment(s)
Have you ever been stuck on one pattern? I seem to be in that current situation. I just finished the 4th quilt top from Just Take Five. I really like it, and the one I just finished is really striking (or I think so), but I realize I am in a rut and it is time to make another pattern. Am I the only one who gets stuck on one favorite pattern?

I am going to attach two pictures, just so you see what I am talking about. Each looks so different with the different fabrics.

Dina

carolaug 06-08-2012 02:52 PM

I do the same....for me it was tumblers. I do try and make something different inbetween even if they are baby quilts.

maddy13 06-08-2012 03:00 PM

cute quilts!

Dina 06-08-2012 03:00 PM

Now that is a good idea. I haven't made a baby quilt lately....thanks. (Good to know I am not totally alone....:) )

Dina

alisonquilts 06-08-2012 03:00 PM

I like that your cat has chosen the non-cat quilt to lounge upon...territorial?

I don't finish enough quilts to get stuck on a particular pattern. I wish I had multiple versions of some patterns - I say "I'll come back and do that one again in different colors", and then I get distracted by something else!

Alison

landers1 06-08-2012 03:16 PM

I see what you mean same pattern different looks, Pretty both quilts

jcrow 06-08-2012 03:17 PM

I made a "Just take Five" quilt recently and when I took it back to the LQS where I purchased the pattern and fabric to have in LAd, the owner said "Oh, how cute, I never saw one actually made. Now I have to make one." I really like how easy they are to make. It's nice to make a quilt that you don't have to fight with. One without triangle or flying geese. The "Just Take Five" is a really fun, relaxing quilt to make. I understand you being hooked on it. I think I will make another one. You got me thinking about it. Thanks for showing us those pics of your pretty quilts.

Dina 06-08-2012 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=alisonquilts;5274958]I like that your cat has chosen the non-cat quilt to lounge upon...territorial?

Well, actually my cat was "helping" me take pictures of the other quilt too, but he kept making so many wrinkles in it I finally shut him in another room. If I am trying to take a picture of a quilt, he is just there. Quilt inspector, for sure!!

Dina

JustAbitCrazy 06-08-2012 03:48 PM

I haven't been stuck on a pattern yet. I seem to be just the opposite, in that I dislike making a quilt from a pattern again once I've used it. I also get burnt out on patterns and using the same fabrics during the making of a quilt, and bounce from one project to another, working on several at once.

QM 06-08-2012 03:50 PM

Nice quilts. Yes, I have been stuck on a pattern. Currently, it is NY beauty.