Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is this stupid? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stupid-t182819.html)

Wagoza 03-16-2012 06:42 PM

Enjoy yourself. If anyone complains tell them it is therapeutic and they should step away while they can.
Also... your box will be in the mail on Monday.

Maire 03-16-2012 07:29 PM

Four myears ago we rented a beach house for a week for a family reunion-4 sets of kids & their spouses & grandchildren. Since they are spread across the country it is rare when we can all be together-but I did take a sewing machine, and it was needed for some mending & a grandson was taking a sewing class in jr. hi & needed to finish his project (I didn't know that in advance) We had a great time, I didn't get to use the sewing machine very much but it was needed!

KathyPhillips 03-16-2012 07:30 PM

I would take it and leave it in the car, so you could use it. Late night when everyone else is sleeping, or they are shopping or ??
We are in INdiana for 2 weeks. My husband told me we would not have room for my sewing machine and fabrics, etc., as we went in my Nissan Versa. Also, he said I wouldn't have time to sew. It was only supposed to be for 1 week, but it turned into 2. I really miss them!! I could probably make it 4 days by the beach and if I had a DGD, but 2 wks. is a long time.
His mother is gravely ill, and we are here to visit her, but I can't sit and visit, read, use the computer all of the time.

bunbytes 03-17-2012 12:28 AM

Sounds good to me. I'd like to got to Estes Park, Co., for a month and bring my sewing machine and some projects. Now I just the need the funds! No one would fault you for reading a book on vacation even though you could stay at home and do it. It's your vacation so vacation as you please.

Grandma Kathy 03-17-2012 11:17 AM

Your vacation your choice. Even if you never use it, you have it just in case. I like to get up early in the morning and sew.

stchenfool 03-18-2012 05:43 PM

If you want to sew - go for it - perhaps a few lessons could take place - maybe when they see you sewing they (meaning the kids) may want to join in - curiosity killed the cat!

soccertxi 03-19-2012 09:16 AM

The 1st time I took a sewing machine on vacation, my husband frowned. When I reminded him that his GOLF CLUBS took up more room than my sewing machine AND that it took him FIVE hours to play, he changed his tune! I think he thought I would rather shop or do some spa time. I was happier sewing. Now he helps me schlep my stuff in with out a PEEP! I have taken 3 different machines at different times. The Featherweight has traveled on the airplane with me more than once. One time they didn't even open the bag at security! Have a great vacation!

LadyLuck 03-21-2012 03:28 PM

A vacation is doing something you don't do at home. Enjoy your family, it's only 4 days. You will blink your eyes and be home. Get some ideas from them for your next project. Have fun

rob529 05-16-2012 07:18 PM

I have to always take something. It is like my security blanket. I have taken my hand work and have never taken a stitch. I just have to always have something. I give it a lot more thought than what I take to wear. I bet there are a lot just like us here. I might add that I have taken it so far as to take a few different projects in case I get bored with one and these are not long trips, weekends at the lake.
Robin in TX

Jim's Gem 05-16-2012 08:28 PM

Go for it!! I am seriously considering bringing my machine up to Sun River in July when we go with my parents and brothers and their kids.