Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Suggestion please:) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/suggestion-please-t82380.html)

JUNEC 12-12-2010 02:40 PM

I usually vacuum my floor and close the doors to keep the dogs out of the room while I pin mine down- if not I have 2 greyhounds laying right next to mom on the quilt I am trying to pin together - also pick a day DH is playing golf.

capucine 12-12-2010 02:41 PM

Really woww scary to me having to use a card table i am not very good at it at best of time we use to have a pool table that i used but DH sold it a couple of year ago.:(

Ramona Byrd 12-12-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by grannyp70
Why can't you use your bed to sandwich your quilt. I do mine and its pretty easy to do that way. Just my suggestion. Have a great day.

--------------------------------------------------
I keep big pieces of cardboard stacked in a closet. I put them on my bed and then the quilt. This works for me, even though I know there are other options out there, I don't usually want to go away from home since I usually forget something essential like thread, needles, etc.

I also have 3 of CostCo's folding tables, put together they make a good large area, especially when I had a big wooden dinner table.

JUNEC 12-12-2010 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd

Originally Posted by grannyp70
Why can't you use your bed to sandwich your quilt. I do mine and its pretty easy to do that way. Just my suggestion. Have a great day.

--------------------------------------------------
I keep big pieces of cardboard stacked in a closet. I put them on my bed and then the quilt. This works for me, even though I know there are other options out there, I don't usually want to go away from home since I usually forget something essential like thread, needles, etc.

That's a great idea

quiltinghere 12-12-2010 02:59 PM

Also try a school - they may have large table you can push together for an hour.

I also agree with churches and libraries.

How about government buildings, fire stations, ... anyplace that GATHERS - for meetings of any type

dreamer2009 12-12-2010 03:06 PM

folding ping pong tables work great also :)

capucine 12-12-2010 03:16 PM

cool idea i never thought of cardboard on the bed. I have had so many good hints from this site it should be nominated for website of the year :thumbup:

capucine 12-12-2010 03:17 PM

Maybe i should ask Santa for a big folding table:)

lisalovesquilting 12-12-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by capucine
How do you pin your work on a soft surface? I always thought it had to be hard surface to be able to get the pins through the 3 layers. How do i use the bed for that? :(

When I use my carpeted floor I put a large cutting mat underneath and move it around to pin.

lots2do 12-12-2010 04:13 PM

Search here for the Sharon Schamber method. I hope I spelled her name right. She demonstrates how to do it with two boards on YouTube. I bought myself the boards last night and plan to try it soon.