Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sun Bonnet Sue each month of the year...wallhangings. No stash so.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sun-bonnet-sue-each-month-year-wallhangings-no-stash-so-t176810.html)

frarose 01-28-2012 07:24 PM

I have never had a problem buying an eight of a yd. Now at some quilt shops when it is on sale they say min is a yard.

Ruby the Quilter 01-28-2012 09:34 PM

I have had JoAnn's cut lots of pieces in 1/8 yds. they didn't mind but I did go when they weren't too busy. That's what they are there for to sell fabric both little and big pieces.

christina bennett 02-03-2012 03:31 AM

if you get on the Jo annes mailing list wich can take a month or two you will get a 40 0/0 off coupon every month good ONLY on none sale items. That is when I get the high price stuff. Here in our area we have a Dollar Tree store. We buy a few Cheapy magnifiying glasses to keep in our bags and sewing room. Then when we break then,like sitting on the bec ause we cant see them :) or lose them we are not hear broken over the lose.
Jo annes also has a magnifier to place on your sewing machine . A hand free around your neck and stand alone one. I have also found them on line at Jo-annes with free shipping and 40 0/0 off

dd 02-03-2012 04:51 AM

If you belong to a quilt guild, JoAnns also give another 10% off, even the sale prices.

Dillsburg is only about 1 hr away from me. Let me know if you want to meet in Gettysburg or something like that and I can give you some of my scraps. There is a nice fabric store in Gettysburg.

quiltymom 02-03-2012 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by LindaM49 (Post 4906454)
Since I am a fairly new quilter...have sewn though forever but got rid of all extra fabric. So...I ordered this book from amazon (and 2 other books) and they came yesterday. I was so excited but after looking through the book at each month's project I thought...how the heck am I going to make all of these since I don't have anywhere near enough stash. For example...one month shows Sue at the beach so the square background fabric has to look like sand. Then she is wearing a sandle so her exposed foot is a darker tan. Dresses are one piece of fabric but then trim and a pocket of another fabric. Borders and blocks are different colors and then some of them have different small flowers. I could go on and on...but I think you can "get" what I mean. So much different fabric for one small wallhanging. So...off to Joann's today to get other supplies and fabric for a table runner. I kept looking at all of the fat quarters but didn't buy any today. Just wondering if you think that would be the way to go...at $1.99 each. I would hate to think about taking like 15 bolts of fabric to the cutting counter and saying that I want 1/4 yd. of each. They would be cursing me under their breath...lol.

Did get a deal on muslin...$1.99 a yard so I bought all that was on the bolt...almost 9 yds.

Off now to try to finish the binding on my patriotic quilt as a tribute to my deceased father who was a WWII vet and fought in all major battles against Germany. I'm going to attach his ribbons and medals to it and then once I attach the hanger on the back I am going to hang it on the inside of our front door using a wreath hanger. Then I will hang his dog tags over the hanger. (I sure used the word hang and hanger a lot...lol)

Hi, Frist I used to work at JoAnns and trust me its nothing to have 1/4 yards cut. The girls all over USA are used to it even1/8th yards so don't worry!!! Also Walmarts have their fat quarters for(8-1.27ea.)