Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Supreme Slider (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/supreme-slider-t252903.html)

quiltin-nannie 09-02-2014 03:24 AM

I use a Nordicware non stick oven liner. I can't remember what I paid, but it was under $10 (I'm thinking $2.99). I just cut a little hole for the needle and I tape it down in a couple places. Works like a charm!

KLO 09-02-2014 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 6870163)
I have one and like it. I've had no problems with getting it to stick and no slipping. When it seemed to be losing it's stickiness I rinsed it in warm water and let it air dry. My bobbin is also a top loader. I have to remove the quilt to change bobbins, then I just lift up the Slider and switch them out. It's not that much trouble to me.

So right now the score is 2 to 1 against. Anyone else care to venture an opinion?

You can count me in the "for" column. I use mine all the time and it works great for what I do.

Jim's Gem 09-02-2014 04:09 PM

A couple of my quilting friends bought one and they never use them. So, I didn't buy one and I am doing fine with my FMQ. I do have a nice sewing cabinet that my machine sinks into with a sew steady insert. I use Machingers gloves and quilt away. I do notice quite a difference on how easily my quilts moves with the gloves on and when I forget to use them (I remember really quickly!)

copycat 09-03-2014 02:21 AM

I have the small one. I like it! I tape it to the machine bed to insure it won't move. I use my lint roller on the back to keep it clean and sticky.

Billy'swife 09-03-2014 02:49 AM

I have the Supreme Slider in both sizes for my DM and my Sweet Sixteen and I like them. I tape them down and just peel back the tape when changing the DM bobbin. It makes a difference for me.

keegancak 09-03-2014 04:55 AM

I had one and liked it, however, didn't realize you had to rinse it off once in a while. I had it stitched to my quilt for about 5 inches before I realized what happened. Haven't used one since!

nygal 09-03-2014 04:57 AM

I bought one two years ago and haven't even taken it out of the package yet. But when the "mood" hits I'll be ready.

Lafpeaches 09-03-2014 05:00 AM

I use mine all the time when fmg. I can tell the difference when i forget to put it on.

Yooper32 09-03-2014 05:24 AM

Mine was more trouble than it was worth. I have an end of free-arm bobbin and even without the slider is an itchbay to change and with the slider on, it was frustration city. I actually do not miss it. I have the extension table that surrounds the free-arm area and it is pretty smooth, so no problems there. Slider is rolled up and in it's tube.

jeanne49 09-03-2014 05:32 AM

I have one and like it, and I have a top loading bobbin. After several months I did have a problem with the corners not sticking so good, but a bit of tape helps that. I really find it helps with FMQ and does make it easier to quilt.